Prosport Wedge safe?

bnsnyde

Recaro sent me two wedges to put on the open belt path of our two harness to booster seats. We use ours in harness mode in the second car.

The wedge seems to jut the child's lower body out and totally change the harness fit. Without the wedge, I can get the harness tighter.

I was under the impression this wedge was an afterthought.
I am wondering if it's worth using.
Is it safe?

I don't think my kids would be uncomfy without it, but we only use the seats sparingly so I don't know.

ADS

tl01

Recaro sent me two wedges to put on the open belt path of our two harness to booster seats. We use ours in harness mode in the second car.

The wedge seems to jut the child's lower body out and totally change the harness fit. Without the wedge, I can get the harness tighter.

I was under the impression this wedge was an afterthought.
I am wondering if it's worth using.
Is it safe?

I don't think my kids would be uncomfy without it, but we only use the seats sparingly so I don't know.

I've tried our ProSport both with and without it. It didn't make the harness fit any differently at least on my son. For what it is worth he is on the top harness slot.

The wedge we received is soft so it seems it could be compressed pretty easily. We have been using the seat without the wedge though and he hasn't been complaining about any discomfort.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC