Question XTSL harness question..

AmbersMommy

I got one of the Strollers.com sale XTSL's that a mama on here had for sale. I have used it a few times now and every time I put my son in it to get to where I am going the harness has loosened up all on its own. Is this normal or do I have an issue with my seat? Its loosening up enough that my 5.5yr old can see that its very loose.. she mentioned it to me while we were driving the first time he was in it.

ADS

zactayaus

That is not normal at all and I know some others on here have had the problem too but I'm not sure how it was resolved. In the mean time if you have to use the seat make sure that the harness adjuster lever is pressed down (I believe that fixed the problem temporarily for the people having the problem). I'd definitely call the manufacturer first thing on Monday.

AmbersMommy

That is not normal at all and I know some others on here have had the problem too but I'm not sure how it was resolved. In the mean time if you have to use the seat make sure that the harness adjuster lever is pressed down (I believe that fixed the problem temporarily for the people having the problem). I'd definitely call the manufacturer first thing on Monday.

Yeah I did make sure it was pressed down and it seemed to still do it. I plan on calling tomorrow. Thanks!

AmbersMommy

Called this morning and the gal didn't really want to talk to me she took down my name and phone # and said the install tech would call me right away. Still no call... I guess I will wait a while longer and call back.

bnsnyde

Mine is from the same place (and 11/10 DOM)and I am wondering if the RF boot is supposed to go ALL the way to the allignment line. It won't. I tried with all my might.
It stays on fine and I locked it, but it's a bit wiggly especially on the side without the gold-colored clip that locks it. Thoughts?

And, if you are being sent a new seat that means there is a definite problem with the seat. Makes me nervous.
The metal plate with the strap you pull to tighten looks not very durable at all. I'm on eggshells when I mess with it.
Do you know why the harness loosened, exactly? What exact mechanism is failing? Thanks!

Pixels

Mine is from the same place (and 11/10 DOM)and I am wondering if the RF boot is supposed to go ALL the way to the allignment line. It won't. I tried with all my might.
It stays on fine and I locked it, but it's a bit wiggly especially on the side without the gold-colored clip that locks it. Thoughts?
The boot just needs to be pushed on far enough that the gold clip will go in its slot. Wiggly is normal and not a problem. The first Radians didn't even have a gold clip to hold the boot on.

And, if you are being sent a new seat that means there is a definite problem with the seat. Makes me nervous.
The metal plate with the strap you pull to tighten looks not very durable at all. I'm on eggshells when I mess with it.
Do you know why the harness loosened, exactly? What exact mechanism is failing? Thanks!

The mechanism that is not working right is the lever that you pull up on to loosen the harness. It's staying up and not going back down.

As for durability, I don't think there's anything worthy of eggshells about the seat. It's been tested with a 63-pound dummy by the government, and it's fine. Which metal plate are you referring to, exactly? The one in back that the two harness straps goes onto?

bnsnyde

I meant the one in front that you lift up.

Maybe eggshells is too strong an expression. I guess just hearing that it can get stuck makes me more careful.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC