hold me back from those sale montereys

ginny4

i don't actually need one yet......but $60 OMG that's friggin awesome. DS just turned 5. is harnessed in a regent with plenty of room. he has a turbo as a back up. i figured around 6yo i might have him go full time boostered (like i did with his sister) but who knows by then. if i bought one it would be boxed for the next year or so. i bought the turbo way in advanced for so incredibly cheap but then again i know he would outgrow it before it expired.

it doesn't make sense to buy one now right?

why are the monterey's so clearanced, anyway???

ADS

msg221

Sorry, I can't help with being the one to talk you out of one. I bought one a couple of weeks ago when they had one in Shadow, like the 80SL and the XTSL I bought! And I sure as heck don't have any kids that are even within a year of being boostered! When I bought mine, they were still allowing the 10% off code, so I only paid $54 for it! It's sitting boxed up in the garage right now. I have a feeling it will end up being donated to the silent auction my work has to raise money for our Community Service Fund Drive (United Way) just like the cheap TB I found last year!

Mags462

I think it depends on the build of the child - if your son is really thin it might not fit him well anyways even when you do want to booster him full time. I bought one for DS1 who is boostered FT and its in the closet for the time being. Although he fit in it, he preferred the TB and so he will remain riding in the TB for the time being.

If you have the extra funds i would get one, but if its a stretch i wouldn't stress over it. It might not work like you want it to anyways :)

Kat_Momof3

they are open box sales, I believe.

for 60 dollars, I'd order one... see how it fits him... if it doesn't fit him well as a booster, you could easily sell it on swap or craigslist and get your money back

aeormsby

I keep checking back and looking at them also. So far I've held out, we won't NEED another booster until next spring, I keep telling myself there will be other sales before then and I'll get something that's a little newer. (but will they be that good???? If they keep coming back for another couple of weeks I'll probably cave).

NVMBR02

I keep checking back and looking at them also. So far I've held out, we won't NEED another booster until next spring, I keep telling myself there will be other sales before then and I'll get something that's a little newer. (but will they be that good???? If they keep coming back for another couple of weeks I'll probably cave).

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'd like to get a Monterey for dd1 to use on a road trip next summer that will become DS's primary seat once we get back. I don't need it until next June though so I know that I should wait. I can't even use it now as I don't have room for it in any of our current vehicles. Plus, I am really hoping they come out with a blue cover for it since both DD and DS love blue. Yet... I keep going back and looking at them...

Baylor

You can't because I need one and I need one to be left when I get paid on Friday!! :p

Last edited:

ElfJewel

They are pretty old. We got one last month and the DOM was 5/10. Still a good deal but if you don't need it now it might not be worth it.

gsdguenter

Gah! I can't believe I just bought one. :eek: I don't have any booster riders yet but plan to let DD1 ride in one next summer when she turns five (she'll be 4 in a about 3 weeks). Oh lord, I need some self control. But, $60 :eek::love:

Plus, we do have DD1's friends who are booster riders and I've been installing an RN for them ff when they carpool. So, I suppose there is some reason lol.

We got the red one :love:

ginny4

i can test fit here since i have a monterey that my DD uses. i haven't done so in a while....i remember before he fit much nicer in the TB. DS use to be my chubby guy but he ended up all slender now like my 1st & 3rd born. my DD fit it well just before she was 6yo.

lets see if i can convince him to get into a pink seat for a moment

adding pics
2011-7062.jpg

& a little more relaxed
2011-7063.jpg

i had the headrest higher since the next click down made the belt so close to the edge of his shoulders it was ridiculous. so all in all not the best fit. way too much wiggle room. he'll fit it eventually just not yet.

Last edited:

hesgimenez

they are open box sales, I believe.

for 60 dollars, I'd order one... see how it fits him... if it doesn't fit him well as a booster, you could easily sell it on swap or craigslist and get your money back

I almost ordered one last night, but when you check out it states that they something like lightly used condition. So not used but returns. I thought I remembered someone saying they got one with stress marks. I don't know how that effects them in the grand scheme of things but it concerned me. What if the person returned that one and I get it? Although all sales are final.

They are pretty old. We got one last month and the DOM was 5/10. Still a good deal but if you don't need it now it might not be worth it.

Someone said theirs was a 1/11 DOM.

This is the booster I want for K. I almost bought it last night but in the end didn't because he still has plenty of growing room in both his seats. I do plan to buy this though before he outgrows the Regent to start booster training him in my car. Love the LATCH. Not sure if I'll cave and buy now or not. :eek:

Mags462

I almost ordered one last night, but when you check out it states that they something like lightly used condition. So not used but returns. I thought I remembered someone saying they got one with stress marks. I don't know how that effects them in the grand scheme of things but it concerned me. What if the person returned that one and I get it? Although all sales are final.

Just wanted to clarify for you - the "used" seat with stressmarks was an 80SL..... and CSN told her to keep the seat and refunded her, so she destroyed the seat and kept the cover. There is zero possibility of it being sent out again. That was the only seat that was shipped (out of nearly 100) that had any issues. The rest all looked BNIB unused. None of the Montereys appeared to have been used at all. I can attest that mine was never even assembled, much less removed from the box. :)

And the DOM's on the Montereys are a little older, but not terribly so.... the 5/10 seat is the earliest i have seen..... mine was 8/10......

Laurelz

Really?! I totally don't need one at all, but for $60 that's pretty good! I want one once ods is ready for a booster then I can move his younger brother to hs FR. DH would shoot me! :p

Kat_Momof3

2010 is great for an 8.5yr old (unless she's like my girl, who is now growing so slow it's confusing me (I'm used to having to buy new clothes every 3 months at this age for Damian... every 6mo for Jeffrey... she wears some pieces for up to 2yrs since she turned 4... but most is outgrown after 1-1.5yrs)

luckyclov

DS1 is on the last click of his Monterey now, with maybe 1/2 inch left until the guide is level with his shoulders, so I may be looking at backless for DH's truck soon. His current Monterey is a 2008 DOM...so if I bought one of these Montereys, it's still cheaper than a Santa Fe and I'd get atleast 2 more years out of it...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC