need help with my 3 across

3acorns4Christy

So my need for 3 across in my car is leaving me a bit confused. I have a Mitsubishi Gallant, each seating position is pretty easy to install a seat. But there is a bit of a hump in the middle (luckly its wide so a seat easily fits on top and tightly) and the two outboard seats force the carseats towards the middle of them, if that makes sense.

Right now I have from Passenger side to Driver, Nauti, MyRide RF and will be a baseless SS1. I cannot get the base in. But due to the hump in the middle it brings the Nauti too high to puzzle seats next to it. I also have a MA I've tried.

So I'm thinking I need a different seat, I don't really want a different infant seat as we have two and the SS1 fits in my double jogger perfectly and fits in our other double that we use for doctors visits perfectly.

I have a KF30, but thats currently in use in DH's truck for Pia as she likes it. lol

I've been thinking, I really like the MyRide I would prefer to keep that in use for Pia as well. So that leaves the Nauti on the replacement list. The puzzling with that has to do with the side 'pockets' coming up so high vs. the width. The width isn't the problem at all as I have the room its those darn high pockets.

So do you think a Frontier 85 would work better as the cupholders are low?

I have no problem installing any of the seats independently at all. But I love the having a baby in a based infant seat as it makes it easier on getting everyone else in if ones already buckled.

ADS

jjordan

You might try a ProSport. It worked better for 3 across in our car than the Frontier, because of the arm rests on the frontier. I don't know for sure how it will puzzle with your other seats, but if you can try one out, you might be pleasantly surprised.

3acorns4Christy

Thanks!

I really like the looks of the ProSport, I looked at the demensions and I have the width for it so it should be fine. I've been debating that and the Frontier, the ProSport just looks so much nicer.

DH agreed on a similar price to the ProSport and Joel would be the one with the new seat. It should work though, I'll just order from somewhere I can send it back to if need be.

Spam

Good luck! I have been able to puzzle to the fr85 with the myride, but it was tight and the seats were level, if the hump pushes the seat above the others, I'm pretty sure the armrest would get in the way. I wonder if you could remove them? That would make it much easier for puzzling. The prosport is like a big box imo. The sides are pretty straight. I found it easier to put seats next to it than the others. Hopefully you like it!

3acorns4Christy

The hump helps as it makes the MR cup holders higher and allows things to go under. I thought the Frontiers armrests folded up.

But I'm leaning on ordering the ProSport and going from there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC