Radian XTSL - New Strap Help

carseatfreak

Got my replacement superlatch straps (I have 2 seast), packing slip, and nothing else. So...how am I suppose to put this new strap on the seat. I can't get the old one to slide through that material that keeps it attached. Do you just quit using that strap that keeps the latch connector strap attached (hope that makes sense). I looked all through the manual and don't see anything about this...and they wouldn't make it easy on me and give me instructions!!

Thanks,
Amanda

ADS

Stelvis

I was told to just cut the whole connector strap off at the rivet by Susan. The connector strap can't be attached to the new SL strap, but its only purpose is to keep it with the seat. Do the new straps work?

carseatfreak

Thank you. I kind of figured that was what I needed to do...just wanted verification. It's been forever since I talked to her and I don't recall discussing that. I have not tried the straps in the car but just handling them I feel confident in using them. It takes A LOT of force for me to loosen the new ones (much like the type of latch straps I am used to with other seats)...where as the others i just had to barely touch to make it loosen.

Stelvis

I'm not sure you can really tell until you test it in your car. My replacements didn't work for me and they did have the wire "retainer clip" that's supposed to solve the problem. Personally I'd just do seatbelt installs from now on.

actuallyamanda

I just cut my old one off. I didnt see any other way to remove it either. The new SL strap I have works perfectly. It is almost impossible for me to loosen it and actually hurts my hands a little bc I have to push SO hard for it to loosen at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC