need instruction manual or an answer about eddie bauer deluxe combination seat

turtlemama

Does the back come off so it can be used as a no back booster? Would this be appropriate for a 50 lb 5 year old?

ADS

Pixels

No, it does not turn into a backless. Eddie Bauer seats generally place the lap belt way too high on the tummy, so watch out for that.

turtlemama

Oh I forgot to mention this is for another mom. I didn't think they turned to no backs. Is that the case for any of the Eddie Bauer seats or does she have a special seat? :rolleyes:
She did this at the advice of a tech at a fire station.

ETA : she said the belt fit matches the pictures I showed her of how good belt fit looks.

Last edited:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
She may very well be confused about which model she has. Car seats probably all look alike to people who aren't obsessed with them.

turtlemama

That one doesn't turn into a backless. Did she require tools to make it so?

Wendy

I asked her how they got the back off, she said she was going to go look for the manual and such. This makes me think the tech didn't have the manual and just took it apart :confused:
She hasn't replied back yet.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I am confused as to why she would need a backless, with just buying the seat a year ago.

Oh, and my Costco usually has the alpha omega.

Unless she plans to use the base as a booster, you would have to take a hacksaw to the actual seat.

turtlemama

I think maybe her daughter fit in the weight limits last year and grew out of them this year. She is over the weight limit to use the seat harnessed so she was wondering what her next step was. Her husband took the seat to a "tech " and the no back was the outcome.

Kat_Momof3

that's what I'm guessing... that because the seat is such a given bad booster fit that the tech simply replaced it with a backless booster.

turtlemama

the only two cosco harness seats that turn into backless boosters are the prospect (but sold under the eddie bauer label under a different name) - http://www.eddiebauer.djgusa.com/us...2880SON-Adjustable-High-Back-Booster-Car-Seat

or the safety 1st Intera - Amazon.com: Safety 1st Intera 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat: Baby

Ok she has the first one. They put it in low back mode. I did advise her to get a TB though, just because I feel a 5 year old newly out of a harness should go into a high back. She will probably get one for their second vehicle. Does this Eddie Bauer she has provide good belt fit and is there an option to use it as a high back?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC