Britax is sending me a new Marathon!

oxeye

I called about my 12/03 DOM seat. The base has never worked right - doesn't lock into place FF but I didn't realize it was a problem until I got the other seats. And then I never called because the seat was always used RF. I took it out of the car to get it ready to sell and I just in good conscience couldn't sell a seat if that base isn't working properly.

So I called, and they're sending me a replacement as a good faith gesture (it took a bit of convincing on my part). I can keep the cover on it, which is good because it has a new Luau cover. :) I'm getting a cowmoo as a replacement.

I'm probably going to turn around and sell it NIB and replace it with a Shannon Boulevard. Then I can have matching Shannon seats in my car and put the matching AF Marathons in DH's car.

Just wanted to share my good experience there!

ADS

SPJ&E

Good for you!

Pacey's MA is the same way...won't lock upright...but he's still rear-facing, so I'm not worried about it right now. I'm going to try again once it's time for him to be FF and if it still won't lock upright, I'm going to call and see if they'll replace it.

I'm glad you were able to get a new seat!

skaterbabs

I just noticed today that Joyjoy's doesn't....I have to call Britax first thing in the morning I guess.
Item 245824725824583285 on my list of "Things to Do".........*sigh*

Suzibeck

It really seems to depend on who you get on the phone, so those of you who need to call, keep trying if you get a "no".

I just got new EPS foam for under dd's legs in the MA because she was picking it apart. I completely brain farted that I needed to order new HUGS too as ours are getting brittle and dd bit a corner off. So when the foam came and I was afraid of breaking it putting it in, I called and she told me the right combo to get it in. I asked how much more it would cost me to order HUGS now, since I forgot that earlier, and she told me she would send me some for free! My MA was manufactured in Aug. '04 so it isn't like it is new and my real reason for needing new HUGS is because my child chewed on them.

oxeye

Good for you!

Pacey's MA is the same way...won't lock upright...but he's still rear-facing, so I'm not worried about it right now. I'm going to try again once it's time for him to be FF and if it still won't lock upright, I'm going to call and see if they'll replace it.

I'm glad you were able to get a new seat!

Probably the sooner the better - she made a big deal about how old my seat is. Gee, sorry for following the guidelines and RF'ing to the limit of the seat. You don't know something is broken until you need to use it that way!

Sorry for that little vent there. ;) And I have to pay return shipping to them on the old seat but since I get to keep the cover I don't mind that extra cost. I am getting a brand new seat in exchange for one that is 3.5 years old. I can pay a bit of the cost.

oxeye

I just noticed today that Joyjoy's doesn't....I have to call Britax first thing in the morning I guess.
Item 245824725824583285 on my list of "Things to Do".........*sigh*

JoyJoy's about the same age as my DD - what is the DOM on her seat? I wonder if they had a bad batch around that time or if they just break after awhile.

oxeye

Thats great! and yeah Id totally get a BV to match the regent lol!!!

do you have a regent yet?

LOL, no I don't have a Regent yet. I'm expecting it by the end of the month. :) My order was in one of the first Dana on the delphi forum sent in so hopefully, hopefully I'll get it in a few weeks!

I need to decide if I want to order the BV now or wait until I have the money from selling the new MA to do it. Decisions, decisions (good ones, though!).

LuvBug

You will need a seat for the time between sending the old one, getting the new one, and selling it... so might as well buy it!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
You will need a seat for the time between sending the old one, getting the new one, and selling it... so might as well buy it!

That is very true!!! That's how you can "sell" it to your DH-- you *must* have another seat until the new Marathon is sold. :p :p

oxeye

That is very true!!! That's how you can "sell" it to your DH-- you *must* have another seat until the new Marathon is sold. :p :p

LOL except this is the seat in DH's car that has been used maybe once in the last three months!

I still think I'll just buy it ahead of time. The money will all even itself out in the end! I think my DH is sick of hearing about all this car seat swapping. Wait until he finishes working and I tell him we're getting another new seat.

skaterbabs

JoyJoy's about the same age as my DD - what is the DOM on her seat? I wonder if they had a bad batch around that time or if they just break after awhile.

Mine would be newer than yours, it was a replascement for the RA we had orginally, so the DOM is spring 2005. It was only used RF for one year, and has been FF for a year. I just noticed today that it wouldn't stay in FF mode. Plus, ours doesn't get moved at all usually, just an UN-usual family situation required it today.

lovinwaves

Mine is a Spring 2006 build and just today I went to show a lady how to install it FF'ing and it wouldn't lock into place. I couldn't believe it!!!!!!! I am still under warranty so I am going to call them tomorrow.

oxeye

Man they've got major problems with that base breaking!!! And the lady I talked to today made it seem like she had never heard of the problem before - which is of course when I mentioned that I know from this board that I'm not the only person who has had the problem.

I ordered the Shannon BV tonight. So now I get to keep my matching seats - Shannon covers in my car and Ashley covers in DH's car. :D

It's going to be hard to part with that cowmoo cover, though!!

CRS

Senior Community Member
Oh you lucky thing! Trying to get companies to replace seats over here is like trying to get blood out of a stone!

arly1983

It really seems to depend on who you get on the phone, so those of you who need to call, keep trying if you get a "no".
QUOTE]

AMEN! There is a real witch that works there. And then there is a really sweet young sounding girl and I am sure some other people but I always get these two:confused:

My DH gets to hear about "the witch" and "sweet-young-girl" everytime I call Britax.

oxeye

My DH gets to hear about "the witch" and "sweet-young-girl" everytime I call Britax.

I have a feeling I had one of those two. ;) And she definitely didn't sound like a sweet young girl! As soon as I mentioned "out of warranty" she tried to get me off the phone soooooo fast, but I was persistent.

LuvBug

I havent met the witch yet, I just keep getting the nice girl who orders me parts but they never show up!!! I asked for a new crotch buckle weeks ago and still nothing... this happened last time as well!

lovinwaves

I just got off the phone with Britax.

Mine is still under warranty, so they are sending me a new seat and then having my seat call tagged. She asked me which cover I wanted, and I said "well I have my luau that I was just going to put on the new seat", She said "no you will keep your Luau, and the new seat will have a cover as well, so which do you want?"

Well of course I said COWMOOOOOOo LOL!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC