Recaro and Bigger Kids?

MsFacetious

I'm curious for those who have the Young Sport because the Signo is only an inch wider inside.

So, would the Young Sport be reasonable to use up to 70lbs? Or would it not be wide enough?

This is probably my biggest concern with getting these... along with the leg falling asleep issue but I would deal with that.

I might just have to not ever fly anywhere, I don't know that they are going to give up their Regents. :)

ADS

southpawboston

our DD is a chunky 32 pounder, and still uses the toddler pillow insert which makes it even narrower. as for older kids, i can't yet say, but i think others here have said that it's designed more for taller, slender kids than short and stocky.

as for the leg falling asleep issue, i have not heard of that. our DD hasn't complained--ever--about discomfort in the YS. it is supposed to be among the most ergonomic carseats.

djma

Are they going to up the harness weight limit with the newer ones or is it going to stay 40 pounds?

MsFacetious

Yeah the Young Sport doesn't have a base like the Signo. :) I'm sure we would have the same issue in the Signo as we did in the Boulevard. But, it's better than having $300 carseats we only use to fly once a month!! I'll figure out a way to work it.

I don't know if they are upping the weight limit or not. That would certainly solve my problem if they did. :)

MsFacetious

It does, yes. The YS goes to 40 with the harness. The Signo goes to 70 with the harness and is only one inch wider inside. See my question?

There was talk about increasing the weight limit on the YS but I haven't heard they are actually going to do it. On the 2007 brochure it still says 40lbs.

I'm just curious if a short 70lbs child would actually fit in the Signo, since it's only 1 inch wider than the YS I thought that would be a good comparison. :)

You're gonna have that baby on my birthday....hehehe!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC