First Ride in the Frontier

agave

Yesterday I let Nora ride home in her new seat about 50 miles. I think she really liked it and so do I. I hadn't planned on making it her full time seat until she hit 35 lbs and had to turn her but, the Roundabout 40 that Emma is riding in is making me mad. The velcro that is sewn onto the harness is in the way It needs to be right at the buckle making adjusting it so it fits her legs right a huge pain.
5914561959_002b47f288.jpg

5915122384_1cbb2ffd95.jpg

ADS

Lemonade

I love the pink!!! Straps look like they might be able to go one click lower, but it's always hard to tell from pix.

mlohry

Is this seat good at preventing head slump? My DD will need that when she goes FF someday.

agave

She's only slept in it twice the first time was fine as you can see in the picture. The second time looked really uncomfortable, I'm hoping it was related to the windy bumpy road and won't be a common problem. The head slump was also not in my car, we where on the way to the body shop to get mine back.

She does seem to like it a lot and the kids are definitely interacting with each other a lot more now that they can see each other.

I hope it fits in the mustang, I want to keep the kids boostered in that thing forever, since it's a convertible with no headrests.

MoreLatte

Is this seat good at preventing head slump? My DD will need that when she goes FF someday.

The FR is awesome for sleeping, we've never had headslump:D We bought it to replace our Nautilus, which DD had a horrible time sleeping in.

NannyMom

It is doing pretty wel for us. Sofi has head slump in the Radian and Nautilus. But the Frontier seems to be doing much better for her.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
She looks so tiny in it! Though she weighs more than one of my twins who rides in a FR85 f/t. As for head slump, it all depends on the vehicle and how it installs....we get head slump in the FR85. :( Not every time, but enough that it bothers ME....doesn't bother them.

agave

Oops, so I read the manual and flipped the recline foot forward. I bet I don't have any more head slump problems.:whistle:

I also figured out the long belt path, would it help in a car without locking seatbelts or do I still need a locking clip? I also dropped the harness down a notch, she looks a lot better in it now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC