I'm getting a new vehicle!!! YAY!

Loves2sing

So dh and I are buying a new truck. We're selling the Focus to go buy a *MASSIVE* truck, (or so it feels to me.) We are buying a white Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab, Laramie Edition, with a 5.9 Cummins Diesel engine. What does that mean? I dunno know, but it sure looks cool! Dh was originally thinking that we should go with a Quad Cab, but when I saw that the Mega cab had 3 LATCH positions in the back seat, I was sold on the Mega Cab. It has a sunroof, and a DVD player... (guess I should turn Jenna FF so she can watch TV...Kidding!) I am just excited, and I wanted to brag for a second!
http://www-5.dodge.ca/vehsuite/dispatch.do
This is our truck!

ADS

mominabigtruck

Yeah for diesel!! I'm not a huge dodge fan but I'm all for big trucks.:D You'll love all that room you have compared to a focus.

LuvBug

oooooo I love big trucks lol! The page is full of red and black with the trucks on the bottom... so not sure which is it.

I HAVE to joyride in the company's F250 towing from time to time. I use it to go pick up ice to fill our freezer lol!(its 33bags of ice so I truly need the truck) and whenever they want me to tag along on a job I HAVE to drive lol! The thing is huge! no semi but huge. They built a custom rack for it, and that only makes it bigger!

Loves2sing

I can't seem to get the links to work properly, and I am not very computer literate. Sorry!

Last edited:

scatterbunny

The page keeps expiring and I just see a bunch of red and black Dodge vehicles--but I went to the Dodge 2500 and added the mega cab to see what it would look like--awesome! :D

Loves2sing

Yeah for diesel!! I'm not a huge dodge fan but I'm all for big trucks.:D You'll love all that room you have compared to a focus.

Appartanly the diesel helps with towing power? And we need that. There is SOOOO much more room than the Focus. I can't wait!

Very fun :D Now you'll have to post pics of your carseat in the truck :love:

Oh you will drool when you see how much room there is for Jenna's seat to RF. We had her RF in the Quad Cab in her MA right behind her daddy who was driving, and always likes his seats really far back. He said he had a ton of room with her back there, and he could drive for hours in that position. And that was only the Quad cab, the Mega cab has way more room yet! And because it has the headrest in the middle position, with it's own dedicated latch system, we can even have her in the middle, so she'll be extra safe.

The link took me to a page of all kinds of Dodge vehicles--but CONGRATS!!! :D I'm so jealous. :p

Sorry, the link is being stupid! Thanks!

oooooo I love big trucks lol! The page is full of red and black with the trucks on the bottom... so not sure which is it.

I HAVE to joyride in the company's F250 towing from time to time. I use it to go pick up ice to fill our freezer lol!(its 33bags of ice so I truly need the truck) and whenever they want me to tag along on a job I HAVE to drive lol! The thing is huge! no semi but huge. They built a custom rack for it, and that only makes it bigger!

Ryan mentioned that maybe we should get roof racks for it! ha ha! What for? I dunno know, but he thinks he's pretty funny. I just love the feeling of towering over everyone else when I am driving. In the Focus I can never see around anyone!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Nifty and definitely bigger, wow, congrats on your new truck. I would be intimidated to drive one of those (or to see one tailgating me in my rear view mirror, lol). I was going to ask does it have a Hemi? Then I realized your post said it has a Cummings diesel engine. :)

LuvBug

ours was custom made by the employees, so you know we got what we wanted :p Ill see if there is a picture on here of one of them.

LuvBug

here is our red. I always drive the blue one, its bigger but has a smaller rack. then we also have a F150 with a rack, but its much older... we run them till they fall apart lol!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC