Question Three cars seats in a 2010 Subaru Outback?

U

Unregistered

Can two infant seats (a Chicco keyfit and a Graco I think) and a Britax Boulevard 70 cs all fit in the back seat of a 2010 Subaru Outback? I have my sister coming to visit for a few days and she has a 6 month old. I have a newborn and an 18 month old. It looks like the Chicco or Graco may fit in the middle without the base but it would be a tight fit. I want to be safe. Thanks.

ADS

Cryssy Jane

Actually the 2010 outback is quite spacious. It would probably be a tight squeeze but I see it being doable. It may be easier to put the two infant seats next to each-other. Also will both infant seats be installed with bases, sans bases or a mix because that could be a deciding factor as well.

I had a rf ca, rf cco and rf radian in my loaner car which was a 2010 outback. Also a rf ca, rf cco and a keyfit. And still had a good 3-4 inches on each side. Much more side to side room than my impreza. However you'll have to be careful with the plastic pieces on the outboard seats as depending on the seat they may get in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

SeattleRain

Wow, Chryssy that's my car (well almost, I have a 2009) and I would never have thought I could fit that much in there.

I know the KF30 will fit in the center nicely with the base beause it's quite narrow, and the built in lock offs make it really nice and snug. What kind of Graco is it? If it's a SN32/35 the base flairs out quite a bit and is very wide, which may or may not fit next to the KF30, but for sure it will fit baseless (I've done this before). The BLVD might be a problem, but it might not. I can't be sure because I've never had one in my car. I know that Cosco Scenaras are somewhat narrow and they're very affordable, so maybe I would look into getting one of those for your 18 month old just in case the BLVD doesn't fit.

So in short I would do the Britax/Scenera-KF30 with or without the base-Graco baseless. I wouldn't try to put the BLVD in the middle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC