Carseat ponderings (what should I buy next?)

aeormsby

I've been trying to figure out what to do next for carseats.

DD is 5.5 & DS is 3.5. Currently in my car they ride in a Frontier & MA, and in DH's truck a PWSGL & MA. DD just grew out of the MA's.

So, we have an Uptown that we don't really need anymore (was DS's seat in the truck but since DD doesn't fit in the MA anymore he uses that now). And we use it for traveling but I think by the next time we fly DD won't fit in the GO so DS can use that and we don't really need the Uptown anymore.

The MA's will both expire next spring/summer. At that point DD will be boostered full time and DS can use the Frontier & GO (probably).

So, what should I do with the Uptown? Sell it? Just recycle it? I think it probably has 4-5 years before it expires.

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I actually have a family in mind that could really use the Uptown if you'd be willing to donate it? They are using my Scenera right now and just don't have the funds to purchase something, they were still cramming their 26 pound 1 year old into his Snugride 22 before I loaned them the Scenera. :/

aeormsby

Emma - I was going to email you to see if you knew of anyone that needed it! Do you still have my email? Otherwise PM me and we can figure out when to meet. I still have the cup holder & head thing for it also (never used). I just checked the date and it was manuf April '08 and is good for 8 years.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
That would be so great, thank you!!! I'll email you. :D

For your kiddos... maybe a Maestro would be good to have for a spare? Good booster, lightweight and either of them could probably ride in it in your truck or for travel.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC