OMG!!!

momof2kiddos

I did a drop-off today for a 3 yr old and a 14 month old,the mother dropped them off and the father picked them up...

Well,she forgot to leave carseats:eek:

I told the father he could go to wal-mart and pick up the scenra(sp?) which I know would fit both kids for $40 each and he could always have them as a spare,he said no it's okay they are fine...I just hope we don't get pulled over!!:eek: :eek:

Ummmm okay or get in wreck DUDE!!!

So here I am sitting worried sick about those kids just riding in a seatbelt and God knows that seatbelt doesn't even fit the 14 month old:(

I wish so bad my car was here so they could of borrowed my carseats but dh has it and he is an hour away....

This has taught me a lesson that I need to go pick up a spare booster and a spare scenra(sp?) for this kind of stuff.

I feel horrible if only I had thought of this first:(

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
That's crazy! Sometimes I wonder . . . :whistle:

This happened to me last week, the mom dropped off and dad picked up without a seat. I asked mom if next time dad picked up if he would have a seat and she said "I guess so". Well he did pick up and he did have a seat but it was and OHS and I'm pretty sure it was expired! In Canada I don't think you can still get the OHS and the ones you do see are old as the hills (well almost anyways).

If you can, get a spare Scenera, here in Canada the Scenera is $100 and I don't have a spare, I really wish I did though!

Loves2sing

I hope those kids are okay! In your position, seeing as the Scenaras are only $40 down there, I would pick up a few for spare seats. I wish more parents would take their kids safety more seriously!

ThreeBeans

I would have said, "I can't stop you from taking them, but I will call the police if you leave without carseats" :twocents:

LuvBug

I would have said, "I can't stop you from taking them, but I will call the police if you leave without carseats" :twocents:

ITA. Although I may have picked up the phone right there and called and said "here you want to explain to them why you cant restrain your children properly" lol!

Suzibeck

It is sad isn't it? We can only educate, not save the world. Dh would say it is natural selection. He has no tolerance for people being willfully stupid.

Yoshi

It is sad isn't it? We can only educate, not save the world. Dh would say it is natural selection. He has no tolerance for people being willfully stupid.

I agree- the father is the dumbell, but the poor kids shouldn't suffer because of his brainlessness!

That's where the Darwin awards step in right?

Again, the kids should have half a chance to reach adulthood!
Courtney- they probably do it all the time if the father didn't seem phased by this at all! If that was my DH, and he arrived to pick up his kids and there were no seats there- he would have had a minor panic attack. Then he would have called me to bring the seats.

tl01

I can't believe that parents do things like that! Uggggh!! I just frustrates me so much!:(

Suzibeck

I agree- the father is the dumbell, but the poor kids shouldn't suffer because of his brainlessness!

I agree, but that is the thing about natural selection, the kid's suffer for the parent's stupidity.

I wish we didn't have to have seat belt and car seat laws, I don't like government contolling us like that. BUT, with so many clueless people out there, we have to protect the kids. Ideally, everyone would inform themselves and make the best choice, but that doesn't happen.

So, I do support carseat laws, and I try to educate people, and I do call the police when necessary, but eventually, I have to say "I've done all I can." and let it go. I can't buy seats for everyone I come across and I certainly can't make them use them correctly. Sad but true.

My heart breaks for all the kids that are not protected.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC