I just got a Saturn Outlook!

capeKO71

And I LOVE IT!

It's a true minivan in an SUV body!

8 full passengers... not skimpy like the pilot... I could fit 8 full size adults... I can easily do 3 across! On both rows! (well... if I didn't have to slide one of the seats up for access.

Also comes in a 7 passenger w/ captains seats!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Oh - and the GMC Acadia and the Buick something or other is also the same exact car.

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I am so glad you like it! I had one for 5 days in Jan and LOVED it. We are planning on getting one (Outlook or Acadia) next year when my lease is up on my Tahoe.

GM has a winner in this vehicle that is for sure.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
We have an Outlook that we bought in Feb and we LOVE it! Don't love the gas mileage so much since we were used to the ION... but love the truck. :D

I've so far tried a radian, MA, snugride and SS1 in there. I have found the 3rd row is pretty squishy if the 2nd row seatbacks are reclined and the 2nd row is all the way back, I'm sure moving the 2nd row forward would make a difference though. :thumbsup:

I can get a Radian installed ff'ing with the seatbelt solidly, and rf'ing with LATCH is rock solid. MA ff'ing outboard no problem with belt or latch. Center you can get *acceptable* but I wasn't 100% comfy keeping dd in the middle.. but there were other reasons. MA rf'ing I can get rock solid outboard and I don't remember if I tried it in the middle...lol. Snugride base no problem (used LATCH,) SS1 base I installed with the belt and got an awesome install. I can get MA passenger outboard and SS1 in center. I wouldn't quite be able to fit another MA drivers outboard because the center is closer to the drivers side outboard the way the seatbelts are set up. But it's really close. So most seats providing you get a good install will do well in 3 across in the 2nd row anyways.. haven't tried anything in the 3rd row yet. :thumbsup:

Oh, and just a note - the vehicle manual does say to have the seats reclined when car seats are installed.

CONGRATS! I'm sure you'll love it. It handles so nicely and is really comfy to ride in.

eta: What color did you get?

sirrahn

Congrats! I keep thinking it would be nice for DH to have one of those since it bugs me a little that we can't all fit in DH's Passat if something were to happen to the van. We *loved* our little SL2 and the local Saturn dealer so it would be nice to go back there again.

Of course the fact that the Passat is paid for and gets 32+mpg knocks me back to my senses:D I think a rental in that rare case would probably be wiser in the long run!

Enjoy!

capeKO71

Thanks snowbird25ca for all the tips!

We actually have the 8 passenger one (bench row)... so I don't think the seats recline (like the captians seats) - but I could be wrong... I keep finding more and more in this car! I know they slide back and forth...

We were able to put a turbo booster, Roundabout and turbobooster in the third row... which is pretty good!

My recaro young sport fits great in middle second row w/ seat belt install... no movement!

I really just love everything about this!

Oh - and yeah - if you're used to the Ion... I can see the gas milleage thing - but coming from an all wheel drive audi, it's pretty much the same mileage for me... so I'm excited! d

capeKO71

Oh - It's Blue, with some of the exterior upgrades, and grey fabric inside... it's a "free" car for me (work is paying for it) so I couldn't squeze in the XL... I had to go with the lower model - but I love it... it looks really beefy!

capeKO71

OK... we have the SAME CAR! ha... same color same fabric!
and I see you have the bench rows too... ha... so the seats must recline! ha!

snowbird25ca

OK... we have the SAME CAR! ha... same color same fabric!
and I see you have the bench rows too... ha... so the seats must recline! ha!

Yep. :) Midnight blue, I love it!

There's a gray strap on the side of each seat. It's looped.. pull out on it and move the seatback while you pull on it and that's all there is to it. ;) We have just the XE FWD too. Although we do have a sunroof/moon roof and the towing package. Awesome feature of the truck - not that we've tested it out yet.

So, what do you plan to call yours? We've mainly been calling it the truck, but it just somehow doesn't feel like a truck. :p

capeKO71

yeah - I've been calling it "my truck" too... because it's definitly not a minivan... but it's not a car... but I hear ya... truck isn't right either! :)

Yeah - I have the AWD and the Entertainment package (oh... and of course I'll be turning my 14 m ff to watch it... ha... LOL... jk)

I really love it so far!

Dawn

Oh I am green with envy!! That is the next vehicle I want. We test drove it and LOVE it! What level of gas mileage do you get?

snowbird25ca

Saturn Outlook fuel economy

My fuel economy is on top. It's in L/100km's, so not sure how to translate it... it's definitely not as good as it's rated. I'm hoping it improves after it's first oil change though.

p.s. capeK - It'd be great if you registered in the panel at truedelta.com too. The more outlooks they have the sooner the data will be made public on the outlook. It's actually a really neat resource, I hope that it continues to build up... if it keeps growing it has potential to be better than CR because it'll have up to date info.

eta: I just clicked the link and it logs you in as a guest automatically and displays in MPG. ;) I should also add that we have cold winters, and a good bunch of those tanks included remote start with idling because it was in the -25 to -30 range.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC