Graco SR30? 32? harness adjuster

cmm7

Yesterday at our check there was a Graco infant seat that puzzled us. Not sure exactly which one it was as it wasn't my car, but I was pulled over to see if I knew what was going on. The harness was nearly impossible to adjust and when we flipped the seat over, there was something it was threaded through that wasn't allowing it to slide freely. I am not sure how to describe it. It was, I guess, similar to how you adjust a bike helmet, though it was metal and obviously larger. But that kind of threading. In order to adjust the harness you had to loosen it there first. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I told the tech (she was the woman running the event) that I had no idea what it was or how to fix it. What was it and is it normal?

ADS
I have a SR30 & have had a SS1/SR32. None of them had any weird contraption. The SS1 had a piece of plastic at the back that you had to make sure the harness went through to the yoke, but it didn't impede the flow of the harness.

cmm7

No, it was a front adjust seat. It was something underneath the seat, right below the crotch buckle, on the adjuster strap. This seat had the plastic harness guard, too. This was below that. I wish I had snapped a picture.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Is it possible that someone threaded the harness adjuster strap through the metal peice that keeps the crotch buckle in? I have no idea---just pure speculation.

Susan

cmm7

Hmm... maybe that is right. They said they were the original owners and said they had never even removed the cover but who knows. Man, do you ever wish you were able to contact someone after a check event? I think she ended up just adjusting it to proper tightness and saying not to loosen/tighten every time and to call Graco.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
You should have their contact info on their check form. Since you suspect you've figured it out, why not call them and ask if you can see them again? Do it during Graco's business hours so you can call customer service with parents if needed.

Susan

cmm7

Will she still have it even though it was a SafeKids event? She would have to contact them as they lived 40 min south of the event and I am another hour and a half north. Plus, she was the one checking the seat. I will shoot her an e-mail, though, and see what she says.

So this was a new seat or not? One of my daycare clients has a rear-adjust SR22. I will look under the cover in the morning & see if I see anything odd. Do you want me to take a pic?

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
There's a pic of the bottom of the Snug30 here: http://carseatblog.com/6817/kim-2010-updates-and-news-part-2/ . The only thing different about this seat from the other Snugs are the plastic "ribs" that the harness must be threaded through before being looped onto the splitter plate. I'm not sure what the purpose is for these ribs, but they don't sound like the problem you're talking about.

cmm7

So this was a new seat or not? One of my daycare clients has a rear-adjust SR22. I will look under the cover in the morning & see if I see anything odd. Do you want me to take a pic?

It was a newer one going by the buckle as it was the new buckle. I will see if the tech who did the seat can give me any more info on it, but the more I think about it the more it seems the adjuster strap was simply through the crotch buckle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC