3 RFing Radians in 2009 Suburban?

MomToGupCPST

Senior Community Member
Hey,
I have a Dad coming in today looking for convertibles for his 10 month old triplet boys. He apparently tried "everything" at Babies R Us and nothing worked. The employee recommended Radians.

Any idea if this will work? Dad is over 6 feet tall and has a hard time fitting rear facing seats behind him as the driver. I'm not sure what infant seats they are in, or how big the kiddos are now, but hopefully I'll get all that this afternoon.

Any ideas?

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have a 2000 Suburban and can fit 3 Britax's all rf'ing in my middle row with no issues at all. At least the original (had 2 DCs side by side....also had a MA in the mix as well). I only have one new version (BV70) and it installs both in the center and outboard beautifully. I am 5'11" and my seat is all the way back. My dh is over 6' and has no issues either.

I've not had good luck with Radian's in my Sub. BUT, my Sub doesn't have LATCH. That may help. But seat belt installs suck royally (with Radians) in the Sub in most seating positions IME.

MoreLatte

Do you know if he has captains or bench in the second row? If it's a bench, just about anything will fit three across.

Now if he's trying to fit three across the third row, that's a whole different story, I'm not sure even radians would fit, it's very tight.

MomToGupCPST

Senior Community Member
Interesting!

Thanks. I'm guessing he is trying to fit 3 across the center row, but I'm not 100% sure. He said it was this, forward face them before a year :thumbsdown::eek: or buy a new car. I thought for sure if he could fit 3 infant seats in that bad boy, he could fit 3 Radians.

I'll let you know how it pans out!

EmmaGrace'sMom

I drove a 2004 from Hubby's car lot for a zoo trip. I had 4 seats ALL rfing and room for 2 more!

I had this setup:

Driver Passenger
My Ride BV Empty (3rd row access)
Radian Empty Radian

The Radians were braced a little and I had to twist the female buckle stalk 3 full times. The MR and BV were super easy installs.

With the exception of SUPER wide seats just about anything should fit 3 across in the middle row!

hrice

I am a little over 6 feet and drive an '07 Yukon XL. A Radian fits behind me RF. It gives me a little less room than I prefer but still comfortable.

You can fit just about anything 3 across the middle row. I currently have a RF Radian/ FR85/ RF MA70 across and my 9.5 year d us able to buckle his frontier easily (booster).

Radians do over recline in the center position so I would look at a different seat for the middle. A Myride would fit great.

MomToGupCPST

Senior Community Member
Ok!
Success!

The Suburban is WAY smaller than I thought it would be. We did the 3 XTSLs across the backseat, and while we did have to move the front seat up a bit for Dad, it was doable. The seatbelt one was a little tricky because of the FREAKISHLY long buckle stalks, but other than that it was smooth sailing.

The leather seats gave me a moment of panic but in the end it was great. We did the drivers' side with the seatbelt (no LATCH there) and the other 2 with LATCH no pr zoblem. I did tell Dad to continue to check and make sure they were tight.

I didn't seem to have any problem with over reclining, but I'll email dad to make sure he looks at it.

Thanks everyone!

hrice

Yeah it's takes a day or so but Radians always slip in my Yukon and end up around 47 or so degrees. :( with my kid in it it's about 50 degrees.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC