Ride in LBB today...:(

Baylor

So we were out driving today and my 7 yr old son got sick and threw up all over his Nautilus.

yeah.. fun..

But I was close to my mom's so I stopped and took it apart and hosed it down. It is in booster mode so no more harness to worry about.

I had to leave and so I had no choice but to use Literider for DS.

I had to move it around to get it in the right place in the Van to get it to be a good fit for him.. And I used the red buckle to help with shoulder belt placement.

I did not like it one bit! My driving was definitely distracted as I was watching him like a hawk. He was moving around too much for me. Normally he only uses this for a 1 min drive in the AM down the street to school. That is the only place he will use it again barring another emergency..

I am all about finding a great dedicated booster this week.

Picture added to post #25.

Last edited:
ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'm sorry he's sick, and I'm sorry that was stressful for you.

But a child who cannot ride safely in a backless booster should not ride in one, even for a one-minute drive to school. You have a good highbacked booster to use.

Kat_Momof3

that's why she said she's gonna find a dedicated booster this week for when he has to use it!

but I agree... it's not safe for him if he doesn't sit properly and it's not safe for you if you're distracted.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
She said he was going to keep using it for the drive to school. I know it seems like not much can happen in one minute, but if he's not safe in a backless, then he's not safe in it for even one minute.

christineka

I find that the shorter the drive is, the less time the child has to move out of place. If this kid can sit still for 1 minute, he's fine in the seat. I'm sure the recent drive was longer than 1 minute and perhaps he wasn't feeling well either.

Baylor

I am going to keep it for him to drive to school. He is fine for a minute or two but not the 25 mins we had to drive yesterday.

I think that you have to give me some credit. I have been here long enough to know the rules for car safety. I am good with my car seat choices and understand correct usage and when I don't ,I ask.

I am completely fine with him using it for school. This was a one time disaster and I am really glad I had it on hand for just this problem. I always keep it in my car.

christineka

Baylor- I understand. My ds can ride in a booster around town in the car because it's a short drive and no kid sitting next to him. In the van with all the kids, no way! Nor can he sit in place for a 2 hour drive- unless he falls asleep. For a quick drive, though, I'd be fine with my ds in a booster.

hrice

There were still a few Montereys in the clearance section on strollers.com last night. They are $60 with free shipping. I also saw HB Turbos at Target for 48 bucks last week.

Baylor

There were still a few Montereys in the clearance section on strollers.com last night. They are $60 with free shipping. I also saw HB Turbos at Target for 48 bucks last week.

I hope it is there next Thursday!
I only buy with cash so I have to wait til we get paid next week to buy it!
Not a fan of the turbo.. I know a lot of people are.. I just need a little more seat.

Thanks so much!

T4K

You could paypal some money to someone while they are still up, if you know anyone on here. I would hate for you to miss out on a great deal. There's still 3 on there.

On my iPhone...Probably NAK or PAK ;-)

christineka

There are actually 10 clearance montereys in stock right now. They've been up and down for weeks, so they may still be around in a week. Otherwise, stalking nobetterdeal.com might get a great seat for a low price. Or car-seat.org swap

Baylor

You could paypal some money to someone while they are still up, if you know anyone on here. I would hate for you to miss out on a great deal. There's still 3 on there.

On my iPhone...Probably NAK or PAK ;-)

I won't have the money til next pay day. I hope they are still there! I would hate to miss it too!! I am one of those that does not buy anything without cash in hand.

keep your fingers crossed for me!!

cookie123

I just went there and didn't see any. I just went to strollers.com then clicked on clearance car seats. Should I do something different?

cookie123

Thanks. That looked different from what I got when I did what I said. I think I'll order one. That's the newer version, right?

Baylor

I don't know.. It may be an older version at that price. I am good with that. 60.00 is so cheap!

cookie123

Okay, I got pink and silver. It won't be too matchy back there, but Hannah will be happy. Thanks everyone.

Baylor, I hope your son is feeling better and that a new seat is coming your way soon.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC