Next slots or not quite yet?

suzling

I'm not sure if we are ready to move up to the next slots on Samuel's Coccoro or not quite yet. I've checked with a pen/other straight object through the next slot and it looks like the slot is *just barely* below his shoulders (he's still RF). However, when I move the harness up a slot, it appears to be just barely above his shoulders. I'm not sure if this is due to the cover slots not aligning correctly with the slots or if he's not quite there yet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suziwon/5906338025/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suziwon/5906340157/in/photostream

I'd just leave him on the lower slot setting, but he looks like the harness is causing him to curl into a C type position when I tighten it, and he likes to scoot his his butt away from the back of the seat while I adjust his harness, and I don't know if that's because the current harness setting is too low or because I'm over tightening his harness?

Thanks for your help/input!

edit: I didn't realize until after I posted that I did it wrong for getting my pictures to show up. I added links until I get them some where I can link to them properly. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Oh my goodness he is a cutie!

I don't think he's quite ready for those next slots just yet.

luckyclov

It looks like he has quite a bit of room left before that slot is even level with his shoulders. Definitely move 'em back down. :)

Are you over-tightening the harness and maybe that's why he appears to be curling down?

suzling

I moved the harness back down after taking the pictures. I wasn't convinced that it was safe to use that harness setting, and I figured that a little scrunched on the previous setting is better than too high of a setting.

I'm not sure if I'm over tightening the harness or if it has to do with him scooting his butt away from the back of the seat, as it seems like he slouches some when he does that. I've been trying to make a conscious effort to scoot him back in the seat when he does that, and that seems to help the situation. It is kind of difficult for me to tell where the "just tight enough" spot is with the strap covers, so I'll try to be more attentive and have more time for repeated harness adjustment the next time I'm strapping him in.

I'm also not sure if it's worth noting that when the straps aren't through the next slot up, the slot in the cover is actually completely above the slot in the seat, and by quite a bit. I'm not sure if that's making the harness straps appear higher above his shoulders than they really are or not?

crunchierthanthou

not quite yet. Is he over the weight limit for the insert? That might help with the harness issue, as long as it isn't causing an overall space issue.

suzling

Yes, he's over the limit for the insert. We took it out around the time he reached the minimum weight for it to be removed as he started complaining about being in his seat and he had pretty bad reflux at the time. I don't know that he'd be willing to go back to having the insert in the seat even if he was under the limit for it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC