AAAARGH!!!!!! (gripe about safety website)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
So I saw a bit on the news this AM about it being national distracted driver's awareness day (rolls right off the tongue, yeah? ::p ), and thought I'd post a little blurb...a gentle reminder to hang up and drive... but I was looking further into it and found THIS nightmare!!!!

http://www.drivesmartva.org/laws/child_safety.html

Anyone else in VA waht to write to them about this with me?

ADS

CandCfam

OMG, do we have to be in VA in order to write to them about that horribly unsecured child they are using a poster child for safety in the car?:eek:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I guess not...go for it if you really want to (I swear, the mind boggles at the cluelessness...)

amyg530

do these people leave the straps that loose when they ride on a roller coster too?:scratcheshead:

Morganthe

Too bad there's not a little blurb under the photo saying:
Is your child buckled in like this? It's WRONG and Dangerous!:mad:

It's a perfect photo example of what not to do, imo :shrug-shoulders:

I don't know if it's just me, but does that baby have an expresson of trepedation on her face? "Are you SURE that I"m safe, Mommy?"

lovinwaves

OMG Julie I about fell out of my chair!!!! I can just see your eyes getting HUGE when you first saw that picture LOL!! :p

lovinwaves

Ok, I just left them(Drive Smart Virginia) a message to call me back..

OKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk so that didn't go over so well

Has anyone else called, because this lady seemed short and irritated with me. All she said was this "Ok, send an email to us addressing your concern, and we will reply back" WTH???? So I said "this isn't just *MY* concern, but rather the general public viewing this photo a Vehicle Safety Website". She like a robot repeated "Just send us an email and we will seriously address your concern with a reply". again WTH????

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
And if you look at the curvature of the window behind that kid, is that seat FF?

I had to go out today (had to? goodness, GOT to! Walmart is so fun with only one kid and no DH! lol), so I'm glad you guys contacted them :)

elle7715

Wow. I think we have that car seat...Comfortsport in Bevington. How much you want to bet that they were looking for a picture to put on there and someone said "Hey, I've got a picture of my kid!"

skaterbabs

OKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk so that didn't go over so well

Has anyone else called, because this lady seemed short and irritated with me. All she said was this "Ok, send an email to us addressing your concern, and we will reply back" WTH???? So I said "this isn't just *MY* concern, but rather the general public viewing this photo a Vehicle Safety Website". She like a robot repeated "Just send us an email and we will seriously address your concern with a reply". again WTH????

I called today as well, and she mentioned another caller who felt "her concerns were not addressed by the request to email with them". lol :whistle: Gee, wonder who that might be? lol Anyway, the lady that answered the phone isn't in chage of that section and can't make changes, but asked me to email the director personally since she's the one who *is* in charge of it. The Director, however, is out of town until Monday.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC