Showing off our new toy!

Cath3114

Our new seat is finally here (to replace the crashed AOE. We were using the bucket in the meantime.)! Ordered from AlbeeBaby, DOM 6/11! Just waiting for nap time to install it in the rented Jeep. Then it will go in my Santa Fe when it's out of the body shop. Hopefully it won't give me any trouble!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

Cath3114

Does my angle and RF tether look right? 2011 Jeep Liberty, using LATCH.

One more question. When using the lockoffs on a lap/shoulder belt, just the lap portion is locked, right?

luckyclov

Love the pattern! And your DD is pretty cute, too!

Angle looks good for your DD, although I'm no good at estimating an exact degree. Somewhere nicely between 45 and 30 degrees:p. If the line on the side of the base is level to the ground, it's around 37 degrees. My MA70 is roughly 35 degrees.

I'm not sure about your RF tether point, hopefully someone else will. If it does end up being a suitable tether point, you'll have to remember to loosen the tether strap any time that front seat is moved back or it'll overtighten the tether strap and stress your MA70 shell.

I'm going to PM a member (Chely) who I know also has a Liberty, maybe she can answer your question. :) When we had our Liberty, we never tethered RF.

hrice

You'll want to get that tether strap off of the seat track. You can loop it around the front of that track so it doesn't interfere with the seat moving back and forth.

I absolutely love my MA70! And in case you didn't know, you can remove the HUGS for RF. Just make sure you put them somewhere secure because they are required for FF. :)

luckyclov

You can loop it around the front of that track so it doesn't interfere with the seat moving back and forth
That was I was thinking, but when I enlarged the pic, it didn't look like there was a way to thread the d-ring around the front...? Am I blind?

Chely7425

Yeah, you are going to want to move the tether strap back a bit.. let me run out to my car and take a picture for you :)

Chely7425

Hope this helps, it is a bit of a hand trick to get the tether around the front of the track but it is totally doable!!

7f529a78.jpg

Cath3114

Yeah, you are going to want to move the tether strap back a bit.. let me run out to my car and take a picture for you :)

awesome, thanks so much!

i'm glad i asked. i thought the track was a tether spot! the jeep is only a rental until my car is out of the shop in the next week or so, and of course the manual is missing :thumbsdown:

Cath3114

Ok how about this...I think it's pretty much the same spot as yours, but my opening looks bigger, and I didn't have any trouble getting it through. It's more outboard than center, but everything I've read says it doesn't HAVE to be in a direct, straight line (correct me if I'm wrong). There's no slack in the tether, but a little bit of bounce back when I touch it.

I'm getting some error message when I try to directly upload (reached my limit ?) so here are my PB links

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad35/leenie31/91578d57.jpg

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad35/leenie31/43f44055.jpg

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad35/leenie31/7f12ca64.jpg

luckyclov

Can you remove the plastic casing/housing without it being damaged (since it's a rental car)? That general spot looks about right, but the thick plastic-y looking thing doesn't. Is there not an area on the inner track area to loop the d-ring around the front? If it's questionable at all, I'd just not tether the seat. Actually, if I couldn't get the point to work on the inner/center side track area, I'd just not tether. It's not required. It's not even concretely evidenced that it's actually any safer then just a regular 'ol properly installed RF seat (which we do know is...SAFEST).

Personally, I like to just barely remove the slack from my RF tether. Faaaaar from the "tightness" of a FF tether strap.

Chely7425

Can you remove the plastic casing/housing without it being damaged (since it's a rental car)? That general spot looks about right, but the thick plastic-y looking thing doesn't. Is there not an area on the inner track area to loop the d-ring around the front? If it's questionable at all, I'd just not tether the seat. Actually, if I couldn't get the point to work on the inner/center side track area, I'd just not tether. It's not required. It's not even concretely evidenced that it's actually any safer then just a regular 'ol properly installed RF seat (which we do know is...SAFEST).

Personally, I like to just barely remove the slack from my RF tether. Faaaaar from the "tightness" of a FF tether strap.

The plastic doesn't come off, it is metal inside it. Wendy found/did my tethers the first time and multiple other techs have seen it as well :)

luckyclov

The plastic doesn't come off, it is metal inside it. Wendy found/did my tethers the first time and multiple other techs have seen it as well :)
Good to know. It must vary by vehicle. Toyota told me I had to remove the plastic housing on mine. Actually, there's a little "door" on mine (later 2011 model) that opens and exposed the steel/metal/whatever it is and the d-ring is routed through there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC