RF Tethering page

ADS

natysr

That looks great! It should help alot of people. I know I didn't use the tether with our old roundabout because I didn't know how to use it. I was looking for an actual tether anchor on the floor.

Oh, maybe mention that in some vehicles the seatleg that is bolted to the floor has a plastic decorative cover over it. In some cars that peice of plastic can be removed making it easier to wrap the d-ring around the leg and have it securely positioned so that it does not slide up to where the seat track is.....does that make sense?

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Great job! I agree that it might be worth mentioning that some vehicles have plastic trim pieces that can be easily removed (and replaced) covering the seatleg. Also, there are quite a few older Britax seats that can be tethered rf that aren't manufacturered anymore (Handle With Care, Wizard, Advantage, Galaxy) but they should probably be listed anyway. There are also a few odd-ball seats that can be tethered rf like the Combi Tyro II and some versions of the Sit 'n Stroll. The new 2007 LATCH manual should have a complete and up-to-date (for the moment) list.

HTH! And pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

Kecia

lovinwaves

Looks great Girlie!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You should add my Odyssey tethering Pictures too!!

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=9902

Here are pictures of the Driver's side which required the big plastic molding to be removed. You can see it still partially attached in the pix
Image009.jpg

Last edited:

CRS

Senior Community Member
Great job! I agree that it might be worth mentioning that some vehicles have plastic trim pieces that can be easily removed (and replaced) covering the seatleg. Also, there are quite a few older Britax seats that can be tethered rf that aren't manufacturered anymore (Handle With Care, Wizard, Advantage, Galaxy) but they should probably be listed anyway. There are also a few odd-ball seats that can be tethered rf like the Combi Tyro II and some versions of the Sit 'n Stroll. The new 2007 LATCH manual should have a complete and up-to-date (for the moment) list.

HTH! And pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

Kecia

Thanks! I'm going to be getting a LATCH manual soon so that'll help with seats I can put on there. I didn't actually realise there were random seats that you could tether RF!!

Thanks guys for the other suggestions, I'll work on putting them up :)

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
So you're still looking for pics? If so, I'm sure I've got some for my old '97 Saturn SW2 and the '03 Pilot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC