Just had to order a My Ride

mollysw

I got the TFP a few weeks ago for my 7 month old. Well she's a car sleeper and it is not working out! She's almost 22 lbs and she can not ride in that seat with out her head slumping foward sooooo bad. There is no way it can fit in our car RF with it at a 45 degree angle. Our knees are already on the dash as it is. I really couldn't figure out how to install it at 45 anyway. Everytime I had it and then tightened it it straightened up. Hopefully the MR works out!

ADS

mollysw

A 2005 Cadillac CTS. I also forgot to ***** about how I can only get the harness so tight and then it doesn't tighten any further. AND the straps don't fit her shoulders right. Like they're too wide. I thought I liked it so much ugh! I guess in 3 years I can use it FF.

creideamh

FWIW, I sold my TFP too. My mom didn't like it (it was for her car), and I never felt the love. Never had a MR though. Hope it works out!!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Don't worry about not feeling the love. Not every seat fits every child.

Remember the best seat Fits the child, fits the car and will be used correctly every time. If it doesn't fit, then you can't use it correctly.

FYI---I find this true of clothing/shoe brands too. All things fit differently and you've got to go with what works.

Susan

mollysw

I tried using a towel rolled up tight but it didn't help much and then the seat wasn't in there very tight. But with the way the harness was fitting her I'm much happier with the MR. She'll be just fine in it in my DH's car though.

rxmommy

I have never been in love with my True Fit, either. I should've returned it right away.

The only harness trick I have for you is what I usually do is tighten it from the back. Pull the strap tight (can do one at a time, because it's a continuous loop harness) and then tug on the front adjustment strap. With all of my other seats I tighten and loosen each time kid gets in and out (or, actually they do the buckling themselves and I just check), but not with the True Fit. I don't loosen it much at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC