Question How can I keep it cooler?

kidnurse

We have tempoarily relocated to Phoenix area for the summer. Without access to a garage or covered parking, what kinds of things can I do to keep my car and car seats cooler?

I have fairly dark tinted windows and a shade for the front. I have sheets that I am planning on covering the car seats with when the kids are not in them, does this really help? Are there any safe sunshades I can add to the windows to help block more light?

TIA

ADS

smileybrea

CPS Technician
Ah..Phoenix summers..aren't they fun?? Welcome to the surface of the sun! Before leaving, start your car to allow it to cool down. If you can't do this (like out running errands) it helps to roll the windows down to get rid of the "oven" affect and roll them back up once the a/c cools down. When we are going to be out, I put a cooler in my trunk and I have big Blue Ice's I use..when we get to our destination, I throw 1 in each seat with a blanket over. The Blue Ice and blanket keep the seats cool and also damps them a little to help keep their backs cool when they get back in. Premium parking during the summer isn't based on how close to the door you can get but how much shade you can find. It really does make a difference. I park the car in whatever direction will get me the most shade and use window shades to cover the windows in the sun.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC