Question How long did your snugride 22 last

amymariee

Hey there !
A friend of mine has a snugride 22... It's made in 2009.. But bought new a month go !! Crazy hahaha anyways ... It has two slots and baby was 8lbs 5oz and went to 8lbs even .. And was 20.5 inches long

ADS

nevaehsmommy

Nevaeh was born at 7# 4ox went down to 6# 8oz and took 6 weeks to get to birthweight. She was in hers until 7 months or so. She would have fit until maybe 10 months but hated the bucket seat. My niece fit in hers until 18 months but was and is a teeny thing. (she still fits in the onboard 35 with shell above her head tiny at almost three years old)

Keeanh

Rebekah is still in hers with tons of room at 10mos, 16.5lbs. She's maybe halfway between the two slots. But she's very small.

kalamos23

Roarke was on the top slots a few weeks ago, he is 9.5 weeks old. He is all torso and 26" long, and 15lbs 6 oz at his 2m. If he gains weight like dd (& he is already heavier than her at the same age), he will outgrow it by weight at 5mo, not sure on height but possibly before then.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My kids:

8 lbs. 2 oz. 20.5 inches at birth; average torso; about 5 1/2 months (outgrown by height)
7 lbs. 13 oz. 21.5 inches at birth; long torso; about 2 1/2 months (outgrown by height)
7 lbs. 6 oz. 20.5 inches at birth; very very long torso; about 5 weeks (outgrown by height)

As you can see, overall build including torso height makes a lot of difference.

jsta1005

Not very long for S! He was just over 2 months old here.

SR22
0303091147a-1.jpg

SR32/SS1
downsized_0305091414a.jpg

rachelandtyke

DD still fit at 13 months when I moved her to the BLVD for a roadtrip. DS still fit at 19 months, but I moved him to the BLVD at 7 months when DD moved to the TF. I was helping a friend get a 3 across with her SR22 and he climbed in, so that's how I know he still fit at that point. But that's not normal to get so long out of it.

Eresh

I moved DS2 to convertibles we already had on hand at 4 months. He was around 16 lbs and had not outgrown the SR yet ... I just got tired of lugging the thing around and tired of the convertibles taking up space in the living room.

NVMBR02

DD1 still fit into hers at 14-15 months. We stopped using it around then so I am not sure when she outgrew it.
DS outgrew his around 4 months by weight.

DD2 had a different bucket but she fit in it when I tried her at a friends house at 15 months. Her head is even to the top of the shell now at 23 months so my best guess is she outgrew it 6ish months ago.

lanwenyi

DD was 7.2lbs and 20" at birth. She outgrew the Snugride 22 @ 7.5 mths (by torso height). She was 18lbs and 28" at 1 yo.

DS was 8.7lbs and 21" at birth. He outgrew the Snugride 22 @ 6 mths (also by torso height). He was 21lbs and 30" at 1 yo.

Every seat that my kids have outgrown has been outgrown by torso height. My kids never hit weight limits or the overall height limits (which are generally ignored anyway). However, my kids have long torsos for their heights.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Both of my kids were about 3-3.5 months old when they outgrew it by height - they were both about 18-19 pounds at the time.

nmb

My DS - 2.5 mos.

But he was over 10 lbs at birth and very long torsoed and grew very quickly during the first year (stayed at 90 - 95% throughout).

smileybrea

CPS Technician
I had one for DS1 born at 8lbs 7oz, 21", average torso and was outgrown by weight at 6mo (chunker!) and by height about the same time.

rxmommy

Olivia was 7lbs10oz and 19.5" at birth and outgrew it by length by 5 months.

Evelyn was 7lbs11oz and 20something-i-dont-remember :eek: inches and I'm not sure when she technically outgrew it we switched before. She was around 9 months.

My SIL kept my nephew in it until 12 months when he had clearly outgrown it and the seat was expired for 6 months. :mad:

KaiLing

Under 4 months, outgrew it by weight. We're huge people. Mine was 9lbs 7 oz at birth, 16 lbs at 8 wk check up.

alake

I can`t remember if I had a 22 or a 20, but I finally moved Leah out of hers at 9 months old. She still had plenty of room, weight wise, but was nearly to long for the car seat, and I was sick and tired of the infant carrier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC