Various Scenera Installs

DahliaRW

I really think with practice and technique you can install the Scenera rfing in most vehicles without pool noodles or towels.

On this vacation, our first car was a Hyuandai Sonata. LOVED the car. Good fuel economy, etc. If I had to buy a full-sized car I would buy one of thse in a heartbeat! Installed it with latch outboard (didn't try belt install center). No problems.

Next car, Nissan Centra. Installed center with belt (didn't try outboard).

Next car, Chevy Malibu. HATE this car. But, was able to install with belt in center just fine. Haven't tried outboard.

All of these were 2011 models I believe. My 3 across also included a turbobooster and RSTV. I do think in all of these vehicles I could have fit 2 turbos. But, buckling the booster is a real pain! But doable. That being said, so happy I usually drive a van. We found we couldn't put my ds's next to each other because they fight and are very distracting to the driver!

The only car I couldn't get a good rfing install in was my dh's grandmother's 1990s era Buick (no latch no tether). I didn't bring a locking clip (this is my in-laws seat, not sure what they did with it, think it's on the belt in FILs car). So, I had to install middle and the seats were so squishy I couldn't get a solid install. Not sure if a towel or noodle would have helped, but I suspect not. Just couldn't get it to tighten, even more upright than allowed (not that I would have used it that was). Had to go to urgent care and bring her, so had to put her ffing to get a good install for the short drive. Said a prayer and was sooooooo thankful we didn't get an accident.

I also can install the scenera w/o a noodle in MIL's 2000 Volvo and our Sienna (only tried the captains chair).

ADS

krasota

You're welcome to come try in my 97 Crown Vic. I've wrestled with it many times and have a lot of trouble getting it installed tightly with a noodle. And even then, the angle with one noodle is a bit much. Without a noodle, it's pretty much straight up and down--or worse. I'll let you skip the 95 Buick Regal. :D

DahliaRW

Yeah, I think newer cars are different! If it helps, the buick I tried installing it rfing in wouldn't work, and I really don't think a noodle would have helped. The seats were super squishy!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC