Stripping down crashed car seats

agave

What do you do with the parts? My husband wants to make a new harness for his backpack sprayer (for killing poison ivy) and I'm thinking one of the latch straps would be good to attack to the dog's harness in the car to keep him in place. The covers are in the wash but I'm not sure what to do with them since I'm not getting new myrides. We're going to toss the shells in storage and save them for the next BRU trade in event.

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
:yeahthat:!
I have my old TF LATCH strap in the car for the dog. It clips right on to the cargo/TT hooks.

Emi's Mommy

Does your insurance company not want them? My insurer wanted everything except the cover to make sure that it would never be used/sold.

agave

If I was going through my insurance they said they had to keep them but the other driver's insurance doesn't care, they just said to fax the receipt for the new seats and they will send a check.

agave

I have 1 roundabout 50 and a radian if I can get an install I'm happy with. If that doesn't work, I'm getting a combo seat most likely a frontier 85 and when my 3 yr old hits 35 lbs I'll turn her FF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC