DS needs shoes, help!

monstah

DS has the widest freakin feet.... Well, they have slimmed down enough for him to fit into W New Balance sneakers. :thumbsup: (He is 5.9 years old and wears a pregrade school 2W)

He had Keens last year and has Crocs this year but he stops walking *constantly* to clean out whatever rock, sand, pebble, etc. that gets in his shoe. He is driving me insane. He does have a sensory dysfunction that amplifies this and he actually stopped in the middle of a road with cars coming to fix his shoes yesterday. It was scary. :( The Crocs gotta go! DS is driving me bananas!

He needs a shoe that I am not sure exists - WIDE, no laces slip on. I'm thinking similar to a water shoe that he can wear with no socks. Something mostly mesh to keep out pebbles? KWIM? But airy so he doesn't need socks and wont stink to heck and back. :p Water friendly would be bonus!

Help! :confused:

ADS

sirrahn

These have mixed reviews but LE has a great return policy if they don't work out. I think they meet most of your requirements. DS2 has a pair and even the regular ones are a bit too wide for his normal sized feet so hopefully the wides would work for your DS.

pj2rc

Those are nice shoes. My dd has the girl version. Only reason they have mixed reviews is because if you've had their shoes in prior years, which I have, you realize how hideous these are in comparison. They were so nice and cute before. My dd doesn't care what they look like and I only bought them this year because they were discounted so much cause everyone else thought they were weird too.

Lemonade

We've got the older version of those land's end shoes too. DD is wearing a pair DS wore a few years ago.

We also love Teva Omnium sandals. They won't keep everything out but most stuff. They seem fairly wide to me. Not sure if they actually come in wides.

I'm a little nuts...won't let my kids wear open toed stuff.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC