The "Lamaze seats" rumour

Aurezalia

The "Lamaze seats" rumour *Pics*

I read a tidbit on here just a few days ago about a new brand of car seats, Lamaze, that would be hitting BRU. I believe a BRU employee confirmed it and that the Lamaze seats were just rebranded Truefits.

Well, tonight I ran out to Best Buy and realized for the first time that there's a BRU right there, less than a 5 minute drive from me! :eek: So of course, I had to stop in. :p I really want a look at the Aton, so I ran in really quickly to see if they had it. Sadly, no, but I was amazed at what I found...

It was the First Years Via I470 and the TrueFit, IN STORE! :eek: They were advertised as "Lamaze" seats, but in smaller print it was clearly stated that they were The First Years seats, and had the same names as the ones branded without Lamaze. I really liked the pattern on the Via - it wasn't Abstract O's, but it was pretty similar, just more blue-y than that pattern. Very cute! They had it on the TF also. Sadly, no pictures. :( I didn't have the camera with me because I wasn't expecting to see anything new!

Anyway, for whoever it was that was waiting anxiously for the new Via to be released, but for the date being pushed back further and further - it's hitting stores now! I played with it a little - I liked the lock-off, but I found the seat really heavy, hard to release from the base (empty - I'm afraid it would be even harder with a baby in it) but I did like it, overall. I loved the harness, it had nice low slots, the newborn insert was cool. Nice tall shell, too.

I didn't play with the TF at all, but it looked to be just the base model. I wonder if BRU will carry the recline or TFP at any point? That'd be cool!

If no one else stumbles on it this weekend, I can get pictures when I come back from my trip at the beginning of next week!

ETA: Pictures added post #21!

Last edited:
ADS

Jessica61624

Aurezalia said:
What, the True fit? No, absolutely not. TFY has stated on many, many occasions that they have no plans to increase the RF weight limit- and the seat is still a TF, just with a different cover. ;)

Why? I would buy one if it rf to 40 lbs. Maybe one day.

bethng

You'd have to ask TFY. ;) I have no idea, I'd never even seen a TF in person before. I'm just reporting on the "Lamaze seats in BRU" aspect.

I was the one that was told by the baby gear manager that lamaze was coming out with a new line of baby gear including a car seat. I will have to check it out when I go to work on sunday. I will take pics :D

Lemonade

I just checked their website and noticed the the Unite harness to booster. Says the harness doesn't need to be removed to make it a booster. That's nice. Only 2 colors and not the prettiest seat ever, but more harness to booster options are good.

A long time ago, when the TF first came out, my BRU carried it. I'll have to check if they are carrying it again.

rachelandtyke

It would be awesome to have a B&M that carries the TF for people to at least try out in person, even if they don't get it there!

Spam

:yeahthat: I wish it had a 40lb rfing limit, it would be awesome. Many people don't need the 40lb limit to get to a decent age rfing, and well most of the public are going to turn long before then anyways.

jess71903

Ambassador
How many ways can this seat be branded?? Compass, Learning Curve, The First Years, and now Lamaze? I guess it's no worse than all of Dorel's names. I am glad they're back in stores, though.

Phineasmama

:yeahthat: I wish it had a 40lb rfing limit, it would be awesome. Many people don't need the 40lb limit to get to a decent age rfing, and well most of the public are going to turn long before then anyways.

I held off on buying a true fit just because of the RFing limit...for a while :p then I realized my son is only 30 lbs at 2 1/2 years old so I'm sure it will last him long enough, and it's way easier for me to get him in and out than the MA70.

Anyways, I have to agree the general public is going to turn them FFing as soon as they can usually, even if more parents wait until 2 years now it will probably be the thing to do to turn them FF on their 2nd birthday :rolleyes:

Jessica61624

Phineasmama said:
I held off on buying a true fit just because of the RFing limit...for a while :p then I realized my son is only 30 lbs at 2 1/2 years old so I'm sure it will last him long enough, and it's way easier for me to get him in and out than the MA70.

Anyways, I have to agree the general public is going to turn them FFing as soon as they can usually, even if more parents wait until 2 years now it will probably be the thing to do to turn them FF on their 2nd birthday :rolleyes:

I agree. My dd was 34 lbs at 3 and now 39 at 4. My DS is much bigger than she was at his milestones. So I went with the higher rf limit.

Mags462

Very cool... i am just glad OK will finally get a TF in store! There are enough Graco and Dorel seats around here to choke somebody with!! :D And well since the TF is still my favorite seat i am excited that it can now be bought locally.

And i am waiting anxiously for pics of this "new" cover :p

sunnymw

Remember the tf will keep the average baby rf longer because the minimum weight for turning is 23lbs...

Oh, and it was me waiting for the Via35. Will have to hit up TRU and ask if they are getting it anytime soon. I lust lust lust. :)

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's a TFP!!!!! $229 and with a pretty decent gray/black cover. The obnoxious "5 STAR RATING FROM NHTSA" labeling on the side has already been reason enough for people to buy them.
Love the Via, the anti rebound bar and lockoffs on the seat to use it baseless up to 22lbs are pretty cool.
There's also a lackluster little red and black lamaze stroller, that I can't figure out how to fold without taking the canopy off :p

creideamh

So jealous. I went to our BRU yesterday and they had all the seats they've had for a good 6 months (Dorel, Graco, Evenflo), with the addition of the craptastic Rumi Air.

Aurezalia

Stopped by a BRU in SD today with Ally and got another peek at them, including pictures. Will have them up in a bit. :)
Jools is right, it is a TFP! :eek: Way cool!
Also finally got a look at the Aton, wooo!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC