Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The "Lamaze seats" rumour *Pics*

I read a tidbit on here just a few days ago about a new brand of car seats, Lamaze, that would be hitting BRU. I believe a BRU employee confirmed it and that the Lamaze seats were just rebranded Truefits.

Well, tonight I ran out to Best Buy and realized for the first time that there's a BRU right there, less than a 5 minute drive from me! So of course, I had to stop in. I really want a look at the Aton, so I ran in really quickly to see if they had it. Sadly, no, but I was amazed at what I found...

It was the First Years Via I470 and the TrueFit, IN STORE! They were advertised as "Lamaze" seats, but in smaller print it was clearly stated that they were The First Years seats, and had the same names as the ones branded without Lamaze. I really liked the pattern on the Via - it wasn't Abstract O's, but it was pretty similar, just more blue-y than that pattern. Very cute! They had it on the TF also. Sadly, no pictures. I didn't have the camera with me because I wasn't expecting to see anything new!

Anyway, for whoever it was that was waiting anxiously for the new Via to be released, but for the date being pushed back further and further - it's hitting stores now! I played with it a little - I liked the lock-off, but I found the seat really heavy, hard to release from the base (empty - I'm afraid it would be even harder with a baby in it) but I did like it, overall. I loved the harness, it had nice low slots, the newborn insert was cool. Nice tall shell, too.

I didn't play with the TF at all, but it looked to be just the base model. I wonder if BRU will carry the recline or TFP at any point? That'd be cool!

If no one else stumbles on it this weekend, I can get pictures when I come back from my trip at the beginning of next week!

ETA: Pictures added post #21!
    Last edited by Aurezalia; 07-03-2011 at 08:14 PM.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: The "Lamaze seats" rumour

My bru had the grey lamaze true fit today. I'm curious about the via seats I'll have to keep checking.
    Heather mom to
    Connor|2-7-06|Seatbelt
    Finn|6-16-17|Britax Boulevard click tight
    Rowan|June 2019|Snugride/MaxiCosi Magellan

Do they at least go to 40rf?

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!
    *STACY* Mom to: Sage-9, Nevaeh-6.5, Junior-5, Nayeli-1.5

Quote Originally Posted by lovemybabies924 View Post
    Do they at least go to 40rf?

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!
    What, the True fit? No, absolutely not. TFY has stated on many, many occasions that they have no plans to increase the RF weight limit- and the seat is still a TF, just with a different cover.

6. Thank You from:

iirc it was 35 rf and 60 or 65 I'm thinking 60 ff
    Heather mom to
    Connor|2-7-06|Seatbelt
    Finn|6-16-17|Britax Boulevard click tight
    Rowan|June 2019|Snugride/MaxiCosi Magellan

CPS Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurezalia

What, the True fit? No, absolutely not. TFY has stated on many, many occasions that they have no plans to increase the RF weight limit- and the seat is still a TF, just with a different cover.
    Why? I would buy one if it rf to 40 lbs. Maybe one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather86 View Post
    iirc it was 35 rf and 60 or 65 I'm thinking 60 ff
    65 FF... It's just a Truefit, guys. It just has a pretty new cover, with the extra word "Lamaze" on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica61624 View Post
    Why? I would buy one if it rf to 40 lbs. Maybe one day.
    You'd have to ask TFY. I have no idea, I'd never even seen a TF in person before. I'm just reporting on the "Lamaze seats in BRU" aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurezalia View Post
    You'd have to ask TFY. I have no idea, I'd never even seen a TF in person before. I'm just reporting on the "Lamaze seats in BRU" aspect.
    I was the one that was told by the baby gear manager that lamaze was coming out with a new line of baby gear including a car seat. I will have to check it out when I go to work on sunday. I will take pics
    Beth CPST and special needs trained Mom to Bailey ...26 yrs Skylar- 21 yrs Molly-18 yrs -and Avery -14yrs - 100+ pounds 5 stepping!

I just checked their website and noticed the the Unite harness to booster. Says the harness doesn't need to be removed to make it a booster. That's nice. Only 2 colors and not the prettiest seat ever, but more harness to booster options are good.

A long time ago, when the TF first came out, my BRU carried it. I'll have to check if they are carrying it again.
    CPST and Mom to:
    DS 12/05 {60# and 55.5"}
    DD 6/08 {56# and 51.5"} in an Incognito

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

It would be awesome to have a B&M that carries the TF for people to at least try out in person, even if they don't get it there!
    DD1: 14, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 10, LBTB, Harmony Youth Booster
    DD2: 6, Chicco KidFit, HBTB w/ SS

I wish it had a 40lb rfing limit, it would be awesome. Many people don't need the 40lb limit to get to a decent age rfing, and well most of the public are going to turn long before then anyways.
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

How many ways can this seat be branded?? Compass, Learning Curve, The First Years, and now Lamaze? I guess it's no worse than all of Dorel's names. I am glad they're back in stores, though.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    I wish it had a 40lb rfing limit, it would be awesome. Many people don't need the 40lb limit to get to a decent age rfing, and well most of the public are going to turn long before then anyways.
    I held off on buying a true fit just because of the RFing limit...for a while then I realized my son is only 30 lbs at 2 1/2 years old so I'm sure it will last him long enough, and it's way easier for me to get him in and out than the MA70.

Anyways, I have to agree the general public is going to turn them FFing as soon as they can usually, even if more parents wait until 2 years now it will probably be the thing to do to turn them FF on their 2nd birthday

CPS Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Phineasmama

I held off on buying a true fit just because of the RFing limit...for a while then I realized my son is only 30 lbs at 2 1/2 years old so I'm sure it will last him long enough, and it's way easier for me to get him in and out than the MA70.

Anyways, I have to agree the general public is going to turn them FFing as soon as they can usually, even if more parents wait until 2 years now it will probably be the thing to do to turn them FF on their 2nd birthday
    I agree. My dd was 34 lbs at 3 and now 39 at 4. My DS is much bigger than she was at his milestones. So I went with the higher rf limit.

Very cool... i am just glad OK will finally get a TF in store! There are enough Graco and Dorel seats around here to choke somebody with!! And well since the TF is still my favorite seat i am excited that it can now be bought locally.

And i am waiting anxiously for pics of this "new" cover
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

Remember the tf will keep the average baby rf longer because the minimum weight for turning is 23lbs...

Oh, and it was me waiting for the Via35. Will have to hit up TRU and ask if they are getting it anytime soon. I lust lust lust.

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...
    Sunny, a new patrol car, an old raggedy Civic, and:
    J | 10.06 | RSTV2(L)
    M | 07.08 | RSTV2(S)
    K | 07.11 | FN90CT

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

It's a TFP!!!!! $229 and with a pretty decent gray/black cover. The obnoxious "5 STAR RATING FROM NHTSA" labeling on the side has already been reason enough for people to buy them.
    Love the Via, the anti rebound bar and lockoffs on the seat to use it baseless up to 22lbs are pretty cool.
    There's also a lackluster little red and black lamaze stroller, that I can't figure out how to fold without taking the canopy off
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

21. Thank You from:

So jealous. I went to our BRU yesterday and they had all the seats they've had for a good 6 months (Dorel, Graco, Evenflo), with the addition of the craptastic Rumi Air.
    Kate // CPST, SK Senior Checker, & Mom to M (12/2010)

Stopped by a BRU in SD today with Ally and got another peek at them, including pictures. Will have them up in a bit.
    Jools is right, it is a TFP! Way cool!
    Also finally got a look at the Aton, wooo!