Coccoro Owners - how long it lasts?

abcd

My DD is 18mos ~25lbs. I'm looking for a second car seat (for hubby's car) and a seat that is also good for flying. I hear great things about the coccoro, but it just does not look that big. I'm hesitant to spend $$$ that DD may outgrow really fast.

Please share your experience. When did your child outgrow the coccoro?

ADS

monstah

For rear facing - 24 months seems to be about average. But torso height makes all the difference. The biggest kids might outgrow it before a year, the smallest kids might last until four.

For forward facing - IIRC, I think it will last an average size child to about 4.

abigaylebelle

For rear facing - 24 months seems to be about average. But torso height makes all the difference. The biggest kids might outgrow it before a year, the smallest kids might last until four.

For forward facing - IIRC, I think it will last an average size child to about 4.

I agree with this.
My ds was probably 23ish pounds at 18 months and was 33lbs at 4 so by weight I'd imagine your DD would be fine. He still fits in a coccoro at 4.5 but only because he has a relatively short torso.

Cryssy Jane

A had outgrown the cco rear facing at 20 months at exactly one inch of shell and 32 lbs. He could probably use it forward facing still but I'd rather rf him at this age. He is a taller boy and honestly I was pleasantly surprised he lasted as long as he did in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

BananaBoat

This is my DD in a Coccoro at 19 months. She has a long torso, but is average in height overall. Wearing 18-24m clothes in this pic. She would have outgrown it by 2 years old.

0114001523b.jpg

ETA: sorry for the giant pic -I resized on Photobucket, but it's not working :confused:

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Laine will probably make it to 2.5 in hers rear facing, then probably four or so forward. For me, for a spare/travel seat, that's acceptable (today, anyway, ask me on the day I need to turn her forward. LOL).

Wendy

Lemonade

View attachment 10718

DS at almost 4.5 yrs.
DD at 23m

View attachment 10717

My DD, who is about 75%ile for height, would have lasted until about 2.5 RF. My DS, who is 40%ile for height, just fit in it FF at 4+ yrs. I think their torsos are average.

It is a FABULOUS travel seat. So light and cute and round. It installs FF VERY easily with the seatbelt.

Last edited:

msg221

My great niece flew our here for a visit in May (19 months at the time) and she still fit in her Coccoro with lots of room. She's average height but seems to have a shorter torso. I am pretty sure she will still fit in about 3 months, when she turns 2.

Mags462

DS2 has a shorter torso and fit at 2.5 RF with room to grow....

DSC00813.jpg

I do have a side shot of the amount of room above his head once installed on my other computer, but it was around 2 to 2.5 inches. That being said, i don't think it's normal for a 2.5 year old to fit with so much room to grow.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
My little guy has a short torso and is minuscule in general, and has miles above his head. He's 2 weeks shy of 2 years old and I think he'll easily make it to at least 3.

daef8b0d.jpg

The day we bought it, DD2 was 3.5 and had just outgrown it RF:
bodhi267.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC