Question 3?'s 1) why is my RN 65 reclining more than XT 2) what is torso ht for RN? 3) are the 65 wider than XT?

Numommy

I have RN 65, I think Dom is 09, not sure but it is rfing til 35 pounds, DS is in it, he is 24# and 7months. Not sure the ht, like 85 percentile though. I have an XT for DD who is almost 2, 26# and 85 percent for ht. Both are on number three shoulder slots. Both arevrfing outboard in 08 Malibu w seatbelt install. I hate the latch install.

The 65 was in the middle until I found it so loose. I took it out and moved it to the outboard. It's not loose any longer but it will not sit as upright as the xt. Any ideas?

2) bafter what shoulder slot do they usually need to turn?

3) my boy looks like he is swimming in the 65, but not in the xt. I put the body pillow from the xt in the 65 and no better.

ADS

jjordan

Do they both have the same style "boot"?

Sunshine Kids doesn't state a maximum height for rear facing in their manual. The rule of thumb is that kids need at least 1" of room above their heads to rear face in a seat.

They are both the same width. Perhaps the head "wings" on the XT make it seem a little cozier than the 65.

Numommy

jjordan said:
Do they both have the same style "boot"?

Sunshine Kids doesn't state a maximum height for rear facing in their manual. The rule of thumb is that kids need at least 1" of room above their heads to rear face in a seat.

They are both the same width. Perhaps the head "wings" on the XT make it seem a little cozier than the 65.

I think it is the same boot. I've not compared side by side, but I don't recall a difference. Did they make different ones. Do youthink it could be where the wt is. My boy is of coarse short legs and all torso right now while dd is a bit more evened out.

NannyMom

Is the vehicle seat shaped or contoured slightly different on one side than the other?

Also, if your RN65 is a 2009, it rear faces to 40 pounds (Sept 2008-Aug 2009 were changed from 35 to 40 pounds retroactively).

jjordan

I assumed that you meant the seats have different recline angles when no kids are in them. Certainly the weight distribution of the child can make a seat recline more or less when it's in use.

There are two different radian boots, depending on when the radian was made. I think you would have noticed a difference, though, if you had two different ones. The "feet" on one are closer together than the "feet" on the other.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC