Times/Days of your carseat checks & CPST classes

mommy2zander+baby

Senior Community Member
I'm all signed up for our tech class June 18-21... (4 weekdays 8-5 or 6)

& I'm curious if all CPST classes are offered during the week & during the day... seems like it would make it very difficult for people to attend... & even those that are SAHMs would end up having a difficult time finding childcare for 4 full weekdays while dads are at work...

I'm wondering the same thing about the seatchecks... ours are on a weekday from 2:30-6:30... When I volunteered at the last seat check (couldn't/didn't touch seats or cars cause I'm not a tech yet), I mentioned to the cordinater how I just loved the van in the parking lot (with the kids color crayon writing & pictures of 2 kids in seats & the stats on seats being used wrong & info on the safekids seat checks) & I that wanted her to let me know when I could drive/ride in/be whereever the van was (once I'm a tech) & she said I could attend/volunteer at every event & I'll get so many emails from her that I'll want to block them... because many techs have a hard time finding childcare & getting time off work to attend... so they are always hard up for techs...

So that really makes me wonder why these things aren't at night or on weekends when working (outside the home) folk are available & dads are home to be with the kiddos... Anyone have any ideas? Or are your events nights/weekends in your area?

I don't mean for this to sound negative, I think SafeKids & everyone involved are great & saving/keeping tons of kids safe!! I'm just wondering about these day/time details...

ADS

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I just took my CPST class, and it was 4 days (all other options were 5: M-F). this class was Wed. through Sat, with our seat check on Saturday. We got a much better turnout than expected, especially since there was practically no marketing at all. Much better than the ones that take place on the Friday during the day.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC