Titan Elite for a newborn?

sunnyday

How well will a newborn fit in this seat? Does anyone have pictures?

I just found out that I'm pregnant and I'm assessing our carseat situation for once the new baby comes (I've got tons of time..I know!). Currently, we've got 4 seats total and 2 cars (Escape & Cobalt):

Complete Air (currently in the basement)
Scenera (DD RF in my car)
Titan Elite (DD RF in DH's car, but will outgrow RF by height pretty soon)
Snugride 22 (basement)

I'm thinking that we'll do the Scenera for DD (RF, if she still fits), and the Snugride for Baby in the Escape and CA (FF) for DD and Titan Elite (RF obviously) for Baby in Cobalt. DD will be 3 by the time the baby comes and she only rides in DH's car for a few miles each day, so I'll be comfortable with her FF then. Will this plan work, or would Baby fit better in Scenera? Another option would be to buy the second base for the Snugride, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

DH and I are not comfortable using the CA RF because it doesn't fit properly in either of our vehicles. So it's now a FF only seat in our minds.

ADS

sunnyday

Yes! That is great news! I'm glad to know we'll still be able to use it-out of all the seats we have, it's DH's favorite!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The Titan is a great fit on noobs. You could also just use the Snugride baseless. If you practice it's a 30 sec install.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Pics: This is Maggie (I have permission to share). She was about 6 1/2 lbs. at birth and as you can see, she is not tall enough for her SS1. I let them borrow my Titan for a few weeks until she fit in her infant seat. Fit perfect! And the pic is without the padding. She was slumped just a bit in the Titan (in the pic) but even then, straps are below shoulders.

maggiecarseat3.jpg

maggiecarseat2.jpg

sorry they are so huge!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC