Grrr.....he took them with no seats!!

hboo22

DH knows how adamant I am on car seats/ boosters, yet today he picked the girls up from my mom's in his work truck and took them about 15 miles on gravel roads to go fishing with no seats!!! We always see deer on those roads, and they are narrow too!! My mom has boosters in her car that he could have grabbed!! He doesn't know that I know (he's asleep) but Laila told on him. Soooo................ he is getting 2 boosters for his work truck! He complains about the number of seats we own (2 Frontiers in my car, Vivo and Nautilus in his good truck, and Vivo and Turbo highback in mom's car, but now thanks to his carelessness and lack of responsibility, we're getting 2 more!! The girls are 6y 5m and 48 lbs and 5y 5m and 40 lbs, what boosters would be best (and cheapest)???

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I'd probably go with a couple of the $13.50 Harmony boosters from Walmart. They're little and he can probably find a place to stow them in his truck when not in use. So maybe he won't leave them behind.

hboo22

Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking. I've actually almost gotten a couple of those before, just to have for extras. They both know how to sit in a booster, and it would be nice to have some little more portable ones.
Also Laila's been dying for a LBB, why do they have to grow up :(

babyherder

I'd go backless if you think your dh would be more likely to use the seats (as long as there's headrests). The literider comes in some cute patterns so your dds could choose.

hboo22

Well, we ended up with a pink Harmony Literider for Laila and Jaylee insisted on a blue seat, so she got a turbo. I think I'm gonna have to go get Laila a turbo too, cause his seat belt stalks are kinda long and don't really work with the Harmony. I'm still gonna keep it for a spare though, Laila really likes it. They both fit well in them, and DH got a severe talking to and I showed him exactly how they need to sit in them!

hboo22

Lol, not at our piddly little walmart, but it does come in purple there. Laila is super girly, she'll def. want a girly color!

hboo22

The backless I got did not have screws installed, but I put them in. I don't know the DOM, I'll have to look..............

Qarin

Some are shipping pre-assembled in new packaging, with the screws preinstalled, but not all.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've only seen the new packaging at Target. WalMart (at least the one near me) definitely does not have it.

Kat_Momof3

I agree... since it's a work truck, backless boosters would be easily moved and stored when needed, and the low low price would make him balk less at more seats.

I hope he really understands why they have to be in seats until they fit the seatbelt properly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC