"Knocked Up"

cmm7

Anyone see this movie yet? Girl about... 3-4? I'm not too good with ages. But, anyways, she rides in a Britax Marathon. Straps are tight but they seem like they might be below her shoulders? Couldn't really tell. Chest clip a bit low in a few shots, ok in others. And in two different cars she has two covers.

Then, baby coming home from hospital in... Combi seat maybe? Not sure. But she is rear-facing, angle seems ok, and chest clip (I think.. can't remember exactly) was ok. Straps a bit loose though.

And a good movie, too!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Good!

I'm glad that the carseat usage was at least adequate! :) That is a huge improvement over what we often see! :)

KissTheCook

I shouldn't be suprised considering the forums I'm on but I'm seriously LMAO that your "review" of the movie is about the carseat usage, with a vague "was a good movie" thrown in as almost an after thought :D

elle7715

I really, really want to see that movie! But we haven't been on an adults-only date since last July when we saw Pirates 2, and DH is insisting we see Pirates 3 first. At this rate I'll see it when it comes out on DVD!
Before I had kids I never used to pay atention to how car seats, if any, were used. But now I always pay attention. I think it was "Yours, Mine, and Ours" that showed the youngest in loose straps that weren't even on his shoulders.
We should have best of/worst of car seat use in movies. Fitting for this website I think :p

Auntie2Avi

I just saw the movie and the carseat usage was pretty good IMHO.

The little girl (maybe 3 years old) was FF in a MA, the straps were below her shoulders and should have been moved up. They were pretty tight, and the chest clip looked pretty good, but could have been moved up a drop.

The newborn was in a Chicco KeyFit, the chest clip was at the right spot but the straps should have been tighter. I do not remember if the straps were below the babies shoulders or not.

The older dd in the movie was 8 and was not in a booster, she had her 8th birthday during the movie so technically she should have been, but it took place in CA where the law is currently 6/60 i believe.

I also loved the movie, very funny!

mommy2env

even my DH reconized the britax right off lol.

lol, my dh also recognized it in the movie. he actually wispered it to me in the movie theatre. This movie was sooo funny. ( not adequate for people who are sensitive to foul language) We also had a hard time getting to see this movie, dd always gets to see what she wants. This time we left them with my mom, or else we would have seen Surfs up! :rolleyes:

cmm7

LOL, yeah, I went with one of my friends and when I saw it I whispered, "Hey, its a..." and she responded, "Briggus seat?"

Close enough! LOL. Then she told me to save my comments for when it was over and she'd listen in the car.

broken4u05

i wrote in a different thread that i had a dream about this movie after watching it that i was in it and telling them that the harness was too low on her.
But i loved the move. SOOO much. I think i am going to go again but with a different friend. So funny

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
I watched this with another tech friend, we both picked up on the seats right away! But did you notice that the car that the main character drove around in had no head restraints? It was the funniest movie I've see in years (and a 3/4 year old in a 5 point harness made it better!)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I went to see it earlier tonight, very funny. :thumbsup: I also noticed the front seats in the Lexus SUV were missing their headrests just like in the main character's car. I'm guessing the headrests were removed for the camera angle to show the children riding in the back seat in some scenes, and left off in other scenes without rear seat passengers for continuity's sake. Grrrr because someone watching might think it's perfectly fine to take off their front headrests, and whiplash is not a good thing. :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC