Is my seat ok?

DahliaRW

On vacation and DD somehow got the spout out of her leak proof water bottle (I think her brother helped her :mad:) and totally soaked her Scenera. The cover and such is totally wet, but it'll dry. But the crotch buckle and bottom of the side harness parts were totally drenched too. I know you're not supposed to wash straps, etc. Was this too much water? Or is it fine. I could go get another one tomorrow if I need to...just rather not spend the money if I don't have to.

ADS

jjordan

Per their FAQ, Dorel allows you to wash harnesses in water and mild soap, but not to immerse the buckle in water. I guess you have to make a judgment call about whether or not the buckle could be considered "immersed." If it were your electric griddle (or some other kitchen appliance that says "do not immerse"), would the amount of water it got count as immersing it?

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Me neither. I'd stick them in front of a fan or a blow dryer on low heat, or set it in the sun if the weather agreed.

luckyclov

Crap happens. Kids spill and leak. Even Dorel knows that. From my understanding, it's when harness straps are actually submerged or treated with harsh-ish soaps, etc.

So, unless the straps were threaded INTO the water bottle, which had atleast a partial bleach makeup, I wouldn't be worried about it.:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC