Question Keeping First Years True Fit clean around the crotch buckle

telepanda

I may have to return our car seat and get a different one, because I'm having major fit problems with our baby in the Evenflo Symphony (more on that in a different thread). Another one I looked at is the First Years True Fit, but I have a burning question about it. When you lift out the infant padding, there is a giant hole in the seat cover where the crotch buckle is (I think this is so you can adjust the location of the crotch buckle). Basically, there is a removable plastic door there.

My first reaction looking at it was (1) that looks uncomfortable, and (2) how on earth do you clean it when it gets peed on? It looks like liquid would just run down in those cracks and you'd never get it clean. Since baby will be in this seat through the potty training years, we need to plan for this eventuality. Does anyone have, ahem, personal experience with this?

Thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Put a cloth diaper under them in the car so pee doesn't go in there? Laine is potty trained and has never had an issue with pee getting anywhere near the crotch adjuster.

It's not uncomfortable. Her body doesn't reach it, and even if she did it's a small bit.

Wendy

sunnymw

I actually found that that makes it easier to clean crumbs and such. Since we do dry goods in the car it makes the "uninstall, turn upside down, shake" method super effective.

As far as PLing I don't see how it would be any different than any other seat. Per inevitably.gets on more than just a cover so you have to wipe down the shell anyway. I found the tf a super easy seat to clean. Cover does take awhile to dry, though.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Car-Seat.Org... please excuse typos and autocorrect!!

petriescz

I have not had any problems cleaning liquids out of this area but ours has ground in fishies, crackers etc... that are really hard to get out. I suppose I could scrub with a toothbrush to get it really clean but I've just accepted it is going to look gross. It bugs me but I love the seat otherwise for our light weight tall boys.

momtotwogirls

I think its the easiest seat to clean that ive ever owned. Just snap the cover off tip upside down and shake for loose stuff then wipe down with a wet rag.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC