Older kids in the Frontier.

love-pink

My ds is 5 and weighs around 46lbs. He used to be really good at sitting in his booster but the last 2 weeks or so hes all over the place. :( Thinking I should find a good deal on a Frontier 85 and use it when needed.

Please show me your kiddos around his age harnessed in the Frontier. Thoughts would also be appreciated. :eek:

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I can get one of Leah, she definitely hasn't had enough carseat pictures lately :D (she's half in the FR, half in the boost air, depending on who's in the car with her and who she wants to sit next to :rolleyes:)

sweetpea3829

LOL, I can't take any pictures because ours are sitting in the junkyard with our wrecked minivan.

But, I can tell you that my 5 1/2 yr old and 4 1/2 yr old both sat in Frontier 80s and did really well with them.

Phineasmama

My DD is 4 1/2 and around 41/42 lbs, tall for her age. She still has a ton of room to grow in the harness!

AdenFrontier.jpg

njkj

Here is Ds he turned 6 yesterday and is 46lbs and around 46 inches tall. IRC he has 3 harness setting left.

ETA: DS got his FN85 for the same reason. He did GREAT in a booster, even asleep, then all of a sudden the newness wore of and he was all over the place and folding in half while sleeping.

IMAG0634.jpg

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
My DD just turned 6yo 60lbs and 48inches. She is 5lbs away from out growint it, and still has a bunch of harness height left.

Last edited:

mlohry

I just went to Babies R us today to try the FR 85 in harness mode for our classic car with lap belts.

My 8 year old still fits, but he is close to outgrown.

2nd pic my almost 7 year old has a TON of harness room left, pic shows how much on the highest setting.

The 3rd pic is my 27 mos old, she was not happy! She knows she should still be RF!

Last edited:

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

My DD will be 6 on 07-07-11. Not sure her height right now. She is a little over 40 lbs. Her pic is in my siggy. We really like our FR85's.

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
Not the best pic of the seat, but I had to add it for adorable-ness. My nephew is 5.5, 39#.

Sent from my EVO using Car-Seat.Org

Blondie87

This is the little girl I do daycare for. She'll be 5 in a month or 2, and 41 lbs. Not sure her height, but I can check when she wakes up from her name. Not sure what position she's on, but she has a TON of room left.

227219_10150600896035246_650315245_18638385_2085957_n.jpg

misstj9

This thread excites me to be honest... Seeing that a child can be restrained in a 5 point that long :)

:yeahthatlove: totallly agree... need to show this to my friend's 6yo who is getting grief from her school friends that she's still in a baby seat!

on the right, is my 5.5 year old in his FR80 (old style). he's 44-45" (long torso-approx 16") and 47 lbs, he's he's still got one more click left on the back harness height adjuster, so i'm hoping for another year. (my 48" 6yo on the left can use the same harness height as he is almost same torso height and long legs).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27513789@N06/5886076620/

twinsmom

I'll try to get a picture of DD tomorrow in her FR85. She's in it for the exact same reason as your DS - bad booster riding!:rolleyes: She's 6 years old, 50 lbs, and about 50" tall.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC