Any ladies use Mother of Eden Comfort Pads?

Suzibeck

What do you think?

Do you use some other brand of cloth pads?

I'd like to make the switch and I'm wondering how many I might need to.

TIA!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I got some other brand just to try out...I think they are like pantyliners (not a thicker maxi).. I like the quality and the idea, but they tend to really bunch and feel kind of weird...now I wish I knew what brand they were (maybe I got them from www.theecstore.com ) so I could avoid them, lol...I think www.diaperpin.com actually has good reviews.

Kellyr2

I hate pads. But I used the MOE ones post partem and liked them. Because they're fleece, I could feel a little bulk, but it was way more comfortable than even a thin disposable pad. And with pants like sweats and other loose fitting ones, they were more noticable. With more fitted pants, like jeans, I really didn't feel them at all. I still hate pads, but when I HAVE to use them, like PP, I will definitely use these again.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
My favorite pads are made by Snap-EZ. http://www.snap-ez4life.com/InfoSnapPads.html. I also have some Perfect Pads that are OK, but not my favorite. I still like them better than the Happy Heiny pads, though. My favorite thing ever is the Diva Cup. It took me a few days to get used to it and figure out how exactly to use it, but now I love it so much more than pads or tampons.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I've been thinking of purchasing some cloth pads.

But I can't decide how and what to buy.

I nearly bought some lunapads the other day, but I changed my mind.

Help. I hate disposable pads.

scatterbunny

I must get some! :p I hate disposable pads but I can't stand tampons, either.

I like the idea of wings with snaps. What brands have snaps, or wings with a way to attach them?

Suzibeck

My favorite thing ever is the Diva Cup.

I have a Keeper, but I only wear it at night because I can't get a good fit. I have no muscle tone left after 3 bouts of hyperemesis (pukeing for months) and delivering 3 giant headed kids. :whistle: Even physiotherapy couldn't help me.

Thanks for the reviews, keep 'em coming if anyone likes other kinds. The Ama'z get good reviews and I like that the pads snap onto a liner, but they are not currently taking orders. Bummer.

Suzibeck

Jenny,

The second site Julie linked has reviews of pads and you can follow links to read more about them. I've been disappointed that two I really liked the looks of, and were not too expensive, are not currently being made. I'm still working my way through the site, but a lot of them have wings that snap around your panties.

abckidsmom

I must get some! :p I hate disposable pads but I can't stand tampons, either.

I like the idea of wings with snaps. What brands have snaps, or wings with a way to attach them?

I have a friend, a homeschooling mom, who makes and sells cloth pads. Hers are flannel with some kind of waterproof fabric inside (PUL, I think). I've had 10 I've used during this postpartum time and I really like them. Way better than disposables.

Here's her store: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5122369

KissTheCook

I used 4x8x4 infant prefolds in the months before i got pregnant, and MOE pads when I'd leave the house. I really needed more absorbancy than the MOE pads offered but if you don't have a SUPER heavy flow they should be fine.
I also liked to use the PUL liner that the pads snapped on to as a waterproof layer with the prefolds at home. (Yes, my flow was that bad that within 1-2 hours TOPS I'd soak a pf if I had no waterproof layer under)

mommy2zander+baby

Senior Community Member
After baby when tampons just didn't work the same...
& I switched to pads, (which I'm not real fond of)...
I made my own... a layer of pul (laminated polyester like diaper covers or the outsides of pocket diapers), a few layers of microfiber (dirt cheap in squares at sams or walmart in the auto section), toped with microfleece (like the insides of pocket diapers) & serged together around the edge... I used a pretty fleece print, but the pul is boring scraps from diaper making... I made them large (like a long disposible pad) & with wings & a snap to hold them in place...

I tried to make pocket style pads, but they just wouldn't lay right with the pocket on the top (when I pulled the wings around to snap, the pocket opened),

so I tried these instead & haven't had any problems with them coming clean all in one peice... not to mention that although microfiber isn't natural :whistle: it sure does absorb well... & the microfleece makes for a soft dry top layer... I think I ended up making 6 or 8, but in a perfect world you might want 15 or so, depending on how often you want to wash...

abacus2

The Homemade Mama pads are great. I didn't really like the SnapEZ one I tried. I like the Amaz Padz, but you have to be waiting and ready to purchase them at exactly 1pm ET on Mondays when she stocks her store. The ladies at diaperpin.com rave about the Go With the Flo pads, but I haven't had the chance to try them yet.

Niea

I use New Moon pads. They don't have wings or snaps though (I can't stand 'em). They don't have PUL, but rather fleece on the bottom. I've been using them for a few years and have been very happy. I use my DivaCup pretty often, too, which I just love as well.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
So, I have never used any. $10 each seems a little spendy. So, tell me why they are better. I any thinking that I would like some liners, because I do use those almost daily. They seem to be more cost effective. But the pads, I feel are not cost effective. So educate me!

remken

I've never used any either. I'd never even heard of them until someone posted about the luna pads not to long ago. Luckily I don't have to worry though since I have had only one period within the last 5 yrs. I wonder what my 2 older dd would think if I bought some for them.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I've never used any either. I'd never even heard of them until someone posted about the luna pads not to long ago. Luckily I don't have to worry though since I have had only one period within the last 5 yrs. I wonder what my 2 older dd would think if I bought some for them.

I wish, no periods!

Suzibeck

So, I have never used any. $10 each seems a little spendy. So, tell me why they are better. I any thinking that I would like some liners, because I do use those almost daily. They seem to be more cost effective. But the pads, I feel are not cost effective. So educate me!

It is the same principle as cloth diapers, you pay a lot up front, but then you are done for several years as you can wash and reuse them over and over again. I've never kept track of how much I spend on disposable pads, but they aren't cheap. If cloth diapers hold up for several years of daily use, I'd expect cloth pads to last much longer since they are only used a few days per month.

My main reason for looking into them, however, is because I find disposable pads very uncomfortable and I cannot use internal products. Another advantage that some find is that they bleed and cramp less with cloth pads.

I do want to find the most cost effective pads I can, ones that are well made and will hold up, but don't cost as much as some. I may order one pad from various places and then create my own from the features I like best and have my mom surge them for me. I did have her make a few from old diapers, but they are too bulky.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC