Help with editing my poster please :)

Joddle

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me edit/expand on what I have so far, to most effectively get across the most impostant information.
(You'll have to excuse the Australian limits I've put down, but I'd like help with the other stuff please :D)

Here is what I have so far:

"In Australia up to 70% of child restrains are installed incorrectly*, and many are used incorrectly on a daily basis. It is important that car seats are used properly every time in order to perform optimally in the event of a crash. This includes choosing the right restraint for your child’s age and weight.

My name is Jodie _____ and I am a qualified child restraint installer through the Australian Child Restraint Resource Initiative (ACRI). I am available for car seat checks and installations.

Prices:
Check and fix all restraints in a car: $.
Installations: $ per seat.

I will provide you with an ACRI tax invoice with all details of the installation/check.

Here are a few tips for keeping your children safe in the car every trip:
~ Keep you child in each form of restraint until they outgrow it, regardless of age, e.g.
• Keep babies/toddlers REAR-FACING until 9kgs or 12kgs (depending on seat brand) as rear-facing is 5 times safer.
• Keep toddlers and pre-schoolers in an INBUILT HARNESS until 18kgs.
• Keep school children in a BOOSTER SEAT until they pass the 5 step test#.
~ Use your restraint correctly every time: this includes ensuring the straps don’t have any twists, the straps are at the right height, and they are tightly adjusted.

* RACV Research Report 04/04 – Safety innovations for Australian Child Restraints.
# 1. Does the child sit all the way back on the vehicle seat? 2. Are knees bent comfortably at the edge of the vehicle seat? 3. Does seatbelt cross the shoulder properly? 4. Is the lap portion of the seatbelt low – touching the thighs NOT the tummy? 5. Can the child stay seated this way for the entire ride, every ride (awake and asleep)?"

I'm thinking I need another dot point under the "tips" section. Anything else I need to add?

Thanks to anyone who reads and helps me :love:

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You should probably spell out the 5-step test right there, not at the bottom. (And I'm assuming this isn't copy/pasted so I don't need to point out typos?)

I'd also mention that children should ride in the back until age 14 or longer.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Edits in red. :)

"In Australia, up to 70% of child restraints are installed incorrectly*, and many are used incorrectly on a daily basis. It is important that car seats are used properly every time in order to perform optimally in the event of a crash. This includes choosing the right restraint for your child’s age and weight.

My name is Jodie _____ and I am a qualified child restraint installer through the Australian Child Restraint Resource Initiative (ACRI). I am available for car seat checks and installations.

Prices:
Check and fix all restraints in a car: $.
Installations: $ per seat.

I will provide you with an ACRI tax invoice with all details of the installation/check.

Here are a few tips for keeping your children safe in the car every trip:
~ Keep you child in each form of restraint until they outgrow it, regardless of age, e.g.
• Keep babies/toddlers REAR-FACING until 9kgs or 12kgs (depending on seat brand), as rear-facing is 5 times safer.
• Keep toddlers and pre-schoolers in an INBUILT HARNESS until 18kgs.
• Keep school children in a BOOSTER SEAT until they pass the 5-step test#.
~ Use your restraint correctly every time. This includes ensuring the straps lie flat without twists, the straps are at the correct height, and they are tightly adjusted.

* RACV Research Report 04/04 – Safety innovations for Australian Child Restraints.
# 1. Does the child sit all the way back on the vehicle seat? 2. Are knees bent comfortably at the edge of the vehicle seat? 3. Does the seatbelt cross the shoulder properly? 4. Is the lap portion of the seatbelt low – touching the thighs NOT the tummy? 5. Can the child stay seated this way for the entire ride, every ride (awake and asleep)?"

Joddle

You should probably spell out the 5-step test right there, not at the bottom. (And I'm assuming this isn't copy/pasted so I don't need to point out typos?)

I'd also mention that children should ride in the back until age 14 or longer.

Thanks, I will change that, and use the backseat tip as my 3rd dot point :)

Thanks for they typo editing too! Every bit helps :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC