Should I get a Coccoro?

turtlemama

I've been thinking about getting one for my youngest DS for a while now. When I did my course back in March though, the CCO was a pain to install and only one person got it right and it was FF. That turned me off of getting one. Now I am rethinking it, and thinking that maybe it would work in my vehicle since obviously my vehicle isn't the vehicle we were having problems in.

I don't know how long it would last DS though. I mainly wanted it because it was really cute, small, and hopefully would give more front to back room than a CA65.
How long could I expect it to last DS? He's 12 months, hovers between 22-24 lbs and 28 inches tall with about a 11-12 inch torso. My goal for RF is 4 years. I know he probably wont make it that long, but I also move through car seats fairly regularly. I'm hoping he will get to at least 2 in it though.

I was also thinking about a Myride, but I think it may take up the same or more room than the CA65.

I'm tired of the CA. The straps are horribly twisty and I have called and emailed Dorel a few times now and still no new straps and buckles (they were going to give me the more slanted buckles that come on the LX version and the thicker straps) even though they promise each time to send it by express mail. I also asked all the questions everyone has been asking about the angle and all that and they just gave vague replies and didn't answer directly. They also have taken forever to get back to me when I email them. So far no reply from the last email and its been nearly a week.

ADS

Spam

Get one ;) I'll get a pic of Tucker in his a little later today, but he's almost 11 months and has about a 12" torso with plenty of room to grow. I think you could easily make it to two. The MyRide also takes up a surprising small amount of room when installed. So if you want it to last longer than just a year, the myride would be great. It takes up less space than most convertibles.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I don't think the CCO is that hard to install. One of the very few no-corrections-needed seat checks I've done was a RF CCO, and the mom was otherwise pretty clueless about carseats. It was her first convertible after an infant seat, though, and she just read the manual and installed it. It was perfect.

I think the CCO can be like the Radian, and causes problems for folks who are experienced with carseats and already have established install-habits that don't work on this particular seat, yk?

I don't know if it would last as long as you want, but I wouldn't sweat the install. You'll figure it out. :)

Brianna

I would get a CCO just for the sake of getting a CCO because they're so darn cute and small! Who knows what new seats will be out when DS3 outgrows the CCO, and then you get to pick out a new one all over again!

I would love to buy one now, but I don't have a kid to put in one :(

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I think the CCO is an easy seat to install too, if you have a car that gets along well with the seat of course.

I have a CCO that my 20lb, 30" 2 year old rides in and we love it. He has tons of room in it.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I will be the voice of dissent here... not to say "don't get one," but just to say that I don't love mine. I never feel like I get a good install on it, probably due to my seats/belts. I wanted one, because they were soooo cute, and finally got an excuse to get one due to the depth of my third row. I hate the danged thing. I install it, and even if it seems right, it loosens, or rotates up, or... something. Tethering makes it better, but, ugh. It needs to go.

OTOH, I love my MR beyond, find it to fit well in tight spaces, and would pick it 1000x over a CCO. I'm not biased or anything. ;)

What angle is that CA65 at? That will make a difference as to whether or not the CCO/MR will take up more or less room.

turtlemama

Thanks everyone :) I have the CA at 34 degrees according to the app on my tablet. It wasnt going to work at the required angle. Ugh, but Im so over this seat anyway. Ah decisions! So Id have to sell the CA to fund this new seat. Would it go for $150? Ill probably use craigslist.

lpperry

I love my Coccoro. I think it is super easy to install. The Coccoro is tied in 1st place for my favorite seat (tied with Radian).

I bought it for Oliver, but always planned on using it for Claudia when she was born. Oliver used it from about 9 months - 18 months. I put him in to take pictures when he was just over 2 years old. He fit rearfacing, but it is not as roomy as other seats. I like him in the Radian, Myride or Evenflo Triumph Advance that we have much better. There is just no legroom at all in the Coccoro and Oliver is very small.

alm934.jpg

My 8 month old is using the Coccoro and she fits great! (see photo in signature)

April

I love my Coccoro. I think it is super easy to install. The Coccoro is tied in 1st place for my favorite seat (tied with Radian).

I bought it for Oliver, but always planned on using it for Claudia when she was born. Oliver used it from about 9 months - 18 months. I put him in to take pictures when he was just over 2 years old. He fit rearfacing, but it is not as roomy as other seats. I like him in the Radian, Myride or Evenflo Triumph Advance that we have much better. There is just no legroom at all in the Coccoro and Oliver is very small.

alm934.jpg

My 8 month old is using the Coccoro and she fits great! (see photo in signature)

Do you mind telling us what your DS's stats were in that picture?
Posted via Mobile Device

3acorns4Christy

You just made this on my buy list over the Radian.

I do not need the height of a Radian, I need the smallness but I think a CCO would work too as I can fit a Nauti, MR and SS1 baseless so I think the CCO would fit back there fine.

And the short shell would help Pia get more A/C.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I really want one because they're sooooooo cuuuuuteeeee!!!!

Maybe when we have a newb? lol DH would kill me if another car seat appeared in my house.

turtlemama

OK so my decision is between the CCO, my ride, and???
It looks like the CCO doesn't have as much leg room. The MR is kind of big though and I'm getting rid of the CA because it takes up too much space, among other things. DS is 28 inches long, I think more torso than leg, but I'm not too sure. I'm just not sure if the CCO would give enough leg room. I can test out the MR at BRU, but there isn't anywhere to get the cco. I was also thinking of trying a new Britax , but I'd have to save up for it. I installed a Blvd 70 for my friend the other day and it was surprisingly compact front to back.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
It looks like the CCO doesn't have as much leg room. The MR is kind of big though and I'm getting rid of the CA because it takes up too much space, among other things. DS is 28 inches long, I think more torso than leg, but I'm not too sure. I'm just not sure if the CCO would give enough leg room. I can test out the MR at BRU, but there isn't anywhere to get the cco. I was also thinking of trying a new Britax , but I'd have to save up for it. I installed a Blvd 70 for my friend the other day and it was surprisingly compact front to back.

We have a MyRide that lives at my parent's house - Sam is ALL legs and he has a lot of legroom in it, definitely more as compared to our Classica Marathon, and I'd say about equal to our Radian. That's one benefit of the huge recline of the MR, it offers lots of leg room! And it actually is really trim front to back, definitely takes up less room than my MA and RN, it fits easily behind the passenger seat in my dad's 07 Honda Civic.

FWIW though, what I really dislike about the MyRide is that it's so deep that you basically have to put the kid in the seat, and then DIG the straps out from underneath them. And the depth makes it so I have to significantly loosen and tighten the harness straps every time I get him in and out too, which annoys me. It's not a dealbreaker, especially considering the price of the MR, but it's the one thing that annoys me every time I use it. And I know some people have said the new crotch buckle (I have the old style so I dunno personally) is really tough to open too.

Kobain's Mommy

My DS is 31" and he frogs up his legs in the CCO, but I've noticed he does the same thing in his CA.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
What car do you have? Did I miss that? I want to say you have a Pacifica right???

I also have a pacifica, the CCO only installed well in my car with the block from Combi. I can tell you that the next gen. Britax models fit VERY well and take up less space. I have ours in the 2nd row and I am able to keep the front seat all the way back AND move the 2nd row seat up allowing more room for the 3rd row.

April

Mine is in transit and I should have it July 9. I just had DD weighed and measured last week and she was 18lbs 8oz and 28", so I will take pictures when it gets here. My BFF also drives a Pacifica so I can test it out in there for you if you want as well.

turtlemama

Mine is in transit and I should have it July 9. I just had DD weighed and measured last week and she was 18lbs 8oz and 28", so I will take pictures when it gets here. My BFF also drives a Pacifica so I can test it out in there for you if you want as well.

That would be very helpful, thanks! Yes I have a Pacifica, I need the front seat all the way back and the middle seats all the way up. I have the TF there now, so its a temporary fix until I can sell the CA and find something I want, which might be leaning more towards the new Britax. Oooh I wonder if my friend will let me test out her blvd., its essentially the same, install wise, as the MA70, right?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC