Why *I* need a booster (PIX)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
At least in the backseat of our 1997 Honda Civic HX 2 door (I fit even worse in a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire!)

Lap belt is above the top of my hip bone:
CIVIChip.jpg

Lap belt is touching my belly button:
CIVICnaval.jpg

Shoulder belt is on my neck:
CIVICneck.jpg

Shoulder belt is not in the center of my chest:
CIVICchest.jpg

Don't even ask how I made that bizarre crooked face, but it totally suits the situation :p

So, I also want to mention that the headrest bothers the snot outta me -- without any sitting in the seat it looks lined up properly, but because of the hump in the center, my butt doesn't let me sit centered. This is probably partly why the shoulder belt is not positioned correctly, but I'd have to have 1/2 my heiny on the center bump which is where Leila was seated & it's just not comfortable that way regardless :thumbsdown:

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I wouldn't say I'm short, but I'm not tall -- 5'4"

I fit just fine in the front seat, so I can only imagine how shorter people manage :rolleyes: :whistle: :eek:

Actually, my SIL is shorter than, but heavier & the lap belt fits her correctly (same issue with the shoulder belt, though).

TxMomma

I wouldn't say I'm short, but I'm not tall -- 5'4"

I fit just fine in the front seat, so I can only imagine how shorter people manage :rolleyes: :whistle: :eek:

Actually, my SIL is shorter than, but heavier & the lap belt fits her correctly (same issue with the shoulder belt, though).

You're tall compared to me, I'm 4'11. I would definitely need a booster, good thing I don't ride in backseats.

scatterbunny

Wow, surprising that such a small car would give such a poor fit! :( I'm just a smidge taller, a little over 5'4" but not quite 5'5".

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Forward of the bight belt

which is (I guess?) partly why the lap belt doesn't fit...? It sure makes carseat installation a PITA!
CIVICbuckle.jpg

LuvBug

Re: Forward of the bight belt

ew yuck! forward of the bite!

that seatbelt fits awful, maybe you need a parkway ;) lol!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
LOL! I wish I fit the Parkway ;) I'm too tall for it -- but I do fit the Prospect/Cubb & Intera (all backless of course) :p I just wouldn't have any head support....

mominabigtruck

If it makes you feel any better I could fit in a booster in the semi;) I can't imagine why they're not making seatbelts that fit short torsoed women that are 5'3":confused: If I put my air ride all the way up the seatbelt fits fine but then I can't touch the pedals:eek:

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I have the same problem with lap belts, especially. I really hate it when I'm pregnant (not that I am right now)... it makes me very paranoid! I'm 5' 4 3/4", but I round it up to 5'5"! Luckily, the shoulder belt in my van is adjustable enough that, at it's lowest setting, it fits me fine. I don't know what it would be like in the back with the non-adjustable shoulder belts!

scatterbunny

Yep, my front belts and middle row captain's chairs belts are adjustable, but not my third row belts. I can't imagine the shoulderbelt fitting anyone without cutting across the neck unless they were over about 5'6, or had a very long torso.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Wow - the pictures of you are exactly what I look like in our Jeep Wrangler... The shoulder belt comes across my throat, like that. And I've been thinking lately about getting a backless booster. :cool:

So, ya gonna do it? :D

ThreeBeans

Heck, I'm almost 5'8" and the seatbelt doesn't fit me properly in the driver's seat!

I blame it on my abnormally large breasticles :D

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I, at 5'9", didn't fit well in my friend's old car (Toyota something or other). The front seatbelts weren't adjustable and completely cut me across the neck. Talk about uncomfortable!!

littleangelfire

OK, does the lap portion of the shoulder/lap belt fit ANYONE correctly? I'm 5'6", and overweight and it rides my belly. I'm rather long torsoed. When I was about 30lbs lighter, it still didn't fit me quite right. Made me wonder if it ever fits anyone the way its supposed to.

LeeLi

OK, does the lap portion of the shoulder/lap belt fit ANYONE correctly? I'm 5'6", and overweight and it rides my belly. I'm rather long torsoed. When I was about 30lbs lighter, it still didn't fit me quite right. Made me wonder if it ever fits anyone the way its supposed to.

Fortunatly, most seat belts do fit me correctly but I'm tallish for a woman, 5' 8''. But if it didn't fit me correctly I would seriously think about getting a booster, my safety wins over my dignity every time :p About 18 months ago I was in a head-on that totalled my car, I got really nasty bruses from the seat belt and sure am glad that I was wearing it across my hips instead of my belly. But the seat belt saved me from serious injury so I do my very best to use to correctly all the time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC