Seat advice/outgrowing help

aprilbeanxo

hello:)
I dont generally post here but i need some advice/opinions!My ds is 26 months,28-29 pounds and 36 inches.Hes rear facing.
Right now,we own the myride and the CA LX,but i'm getting a refund for the CA so i'm in the market for a new seat.I hate our myride,ds can undo both the chest clip and the crotch buckle as well,so we use it as our spare seat only for emergency,and i have a feeling hes pretty close to outgfrowing it rear facing?
I really dont know which seat to replace the CA with,i've been looking at the true fit which i love,but i'm a bit nervous to get it since ds is already 28-29 pounds.Then i was looking at the evenflo momentum 65 lx,but i heard that they are now required to be at a 45 degree angle RF too?so thats not an option anymore.I'd love to get a radian,but not sure how they install in my car,i drive a 92 jeep cherokee,obviously no latch or airbags.Am i missing any 40 pounds seats with a tall shell?

Here he is in the myride today,exuse the fact hes in a bathing suit and wet,he was outside playing and i had to bribe him to let me get these pics.But if he gunna outgrow this soon?or do we have time?:confused:oh and i just installed in in the front,because like i said,he can escape this seat so i cant put him in the back,i have no airbags at all,its a 92.

019-23.jpg

018-12.jpg

017-15.jpg

013-13.jpg

009-21.jpg

thanks so much:)

ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I think he has a *little* room left. He looks like he could be on the next set of slots up too. I am not comfortable with him being in the front seat even with no airbags, the back seat is just SO much safer.

Have you tried putting a light cotton button shirt on him? Leave it unbuttoned, put him in and strap him in. Button the shirt over the harness so he cannot access the chest clip or crotch buckle.

The TF has a 35lb rf limit, but is really tall. Good Luck

Pixels

He has more room than you think. Put your hand perpendicular to the shell. Better yet, find a board book that's one inch thick, and put that on top of his head.

aprilbeanxo

I think he has a *little* room left. He looks like he could be on the next set of slots up too. I am not comfortable with him being in the front seat even with no airbags, the back seat is just SO much safer.

Have you tried putting a light cotton button shirt on him? Leave it unbuttoned, put him in and strap him in. Button the shirt over the harness so he cannot access the chest clip or crotch buckle.

The TF has a 35lb rf limit, but is really tall. Good Luck

yeah,i think i need to move them up a slot,we havnt used it in a while cuz like i said,its our emergency seat,i hate this seat.I really dont have a choice about him being up front right now,he can completely get out,and i dont know it until we get to where were going,i have no headrests in my back seat so there no way of putting a mirror back there.I have tried the button up shirt,he just lifts the shirt right up and gets to the chest clip and crotch buckle,he knows how to do overalls too:thumbsdown:

kalamos23

christineka said:
I'd put him up front too.

I would too, have you tried the velcro trick yet? Putting velcro on the chest clip and buckle may help a little. Such a Houdini!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

aprilbeanxo

I would too, have you tried the velcro trick yet? Putting velcro on the chest clip and buckle may help a little. Such a Houdini!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

yes,tried that,this kids gunna be the dealth of me,he is SUCH a houdini!He can climb baby gates,escape the high chair,open child safety door nobs,everything!

I guess my 2 options are true fit and radian,i just hope the radian will install right in my car:cool:

i'm soooo tempted to just buy a recaro pro sport and be done buying seats for a long time,but i know he needs to be rear facing,ugh i hate seats

NannyMom

The Momentum and Evenflo Triumph 65 aren't quite what you're thinking. Yes, they do have to be installed with the line level to the ground. However, they way they are designed, they get more upright as the child grows higher up the seat. So where a newborn's head would be the seatback is at a 45* angle; but where a 3 year old's head would be, it's more like 30*. However, I'm not sure they give a ton more growing room than the My Ride.

cookie123

Is he actually opening the chest clip and the crotch buckle? Or does he slide the chest clip down and then get out?

Jocey'sMommy

I would try a radian!! Just make sure you order from a company that is good about returns so that if it doesn't work you aren't out any money. He must have a long torso too!!! Very Very cute though :) I also wouldn't worry about him being up front as long as there are no airbags, its very common in Sweden and as we all know, the fatality rate for children in wrecks is almost zero!!

aprilbeanxo

I would try a radian!! Just make sure you order from a company that is good about returns so that if it doesn't work you aren't out any money. He must have a long torso too!!! Very Very cute though :) I also wouldn't worry about him being up front as long as there are no airbags, its very common in Sweden and as we all know, the fatality rate for children in wrecks is almost zero!!

i think thats what i'll do,if that dosnt work,i'll get a truefit.Hoepfully he can last a little while in the myride,we cant afford 2 new radians right now:eek:I"m not that worried about him being up front,i've dont some research and i'm pretty confident in having him up there for now,better then him just chilling in his seat totally un buckled,right?

babyherder

I figure if the Swedes do it, it must be ok. At least i terms of car seats. Their kids generally don't die in wrecks so they must be doing something right.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC