New seats from Dorel?

ADS

christineka

Can you imagine the kids having a heyday picking their car seats to pieces? I hope dorel finds a way to make the foam inaccessible by children!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I would assume they would be covered with something. And there's probably some kind of frame to hold the harness in. How are race car seats built?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Brigala said:
I would assume they would be covered with something. And there's probably some kind of frame to hold the harness in. How are race car seats built?

That's what I'm assuming, too.

It'll be interesting to see.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Can you imagine the kids having a heyday picking their car seats to pieces? I hope dorel finds a way to make the foam inaccessible by children!

Car seats have been recalled for similar situations. If they make sure the cover fits well, it should be fine.

Dillipop

The Safeguard Child Seat is a ton of EPS foam with a frame. I would guess the the Dorel seats will be similar, but with EPP instead.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I thought the SafeGuard did use EPP? I don't remember it having that much, although I can't say I ever dissected it.

This one says the prototypes are really light, too, which would be very different from the SGCS. The weight was the only thing I didn't like about that seat.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh...I thought you were excited about the new Safety 1st Alpha Elites that just hit the shelves at BRU :rolleyes::p (same seat, same child models showing poor harness and belt fit on the box, but finally more padding for infants and even big kids). (oh, weight limits rf40, ff65, booster 100, and it's finally ON the box and harness in readable sized fonts).

So there've been some all-foam boosters in the past. EPS and very frequently broken during normal use... this would be kind of interesting, if you've seen the inside of the Momentum, it's a LOT of EPP making it like a big Mork from Ork transport egg :love:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Race car seats are generally built, in order from back to front: tubular metal frame-thin steal plating-energy management material-flexible durable shell (think of thick material like the bumbo)-upholstry

Cath3114

Well, whatever they come out with, I hope it can be installed more upright than 45*!

I'm excited to see it, though. My RF AOE was recently replaced due to a crash, and I wanted a CA65. I got great customer service from Dorel, and felt comfortable sticking with them. Then I happened upon the angle drama on their FB. I went with an MA70 instead.

violets_mommy

joolsplus3 said:
Oh...I thought you were excited about the new Safety 1st Alpha Elites that just hit the shelves at BRU :rolleyes::p (same seat, same child models showing poor harness and belt fit on the box, but finally more padding for infants and even big kids). (oh, weight limits rf40, ff65, booster 100, and it's finally ON the box and harness in readable sized fonts).

So there've been some all-foam boosters in the past. EPS and very frequently broken during normal use... this would be kind of interesting, if you've seen the inside of the Momentum, it's a LOT of EPP making it like a big Mork from Ork transport egg :love:

Yeah I saw those yesterday at BRU.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Does the Teddy Bear count as an all-foam booster?

I think that's plywood and regular foam? Haven't seen one in awhile...
Jupiter Komfort Kruiser was the one I was thinking of, I think that poor company went under replacing foam parts for free.
Also the Galaxy/Ryde Rite (sp?) and Britax Cruiser, but those had better covers and less sticky-outy parts to snap off.

mommyfrog

I had two of the Jupiter all foam boosters. Two of my kids were in them in a crash. The kids came out fine but one of the boosters didn't. That was what convinced the insurance company to replace my car seats though. No airbags went off, the car wasn't drivable, but they didn't want to replace the car seats until I told them one of the boosters actually broke. Then they were all over it. I just never told them they were all foam!!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
e:

damn Dorel and its names. I thought "alpha elite" was another name for the Apex? No? You are obviously describing a convertible. Is it an alpha omega elite? or are they now calling some convertibles alpha elites? And if so, why the hell? so now are we going to have people with alpha eiltes and not know if they are convertibles or combos(apexes) ??? :confused:

christineka

damn Dorel and its names. I thought "alpha elite" was another name for the Apex? No? You are obviously describing a convertible. Is it an alpha omega elite? or are they now calling some convertibles alpha elites? And if so, why the hell? so now are we going to have people with alpha eiltes and not know if they are convertibles or combos(apexes) ??? :confused:

I think it was Alpha sport elite that was another name for the apex.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, it's Alpha Elite for the convertible now. Crazy, right? Can't they get a new Greek letter? :rolleyes:

Pixels

It's just like Graco with all the SnugRides, and Britax reusing their names for the new generation of seats. The company has already invested in name recognition, so if they can reuse the name, they see that as a good thing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC