Question Turbo armrests

Jocey'sMommy

**update post #12 **

I have a Turbo booster Elite as an emergency back up for my DD since I could not afford another Harnessed back up seat right now and we tend to need emergency back ups quite a bit. She never rides for more than 5 min at a time in it and we have been keeping its use down to once every 2-3 weeks but right now I have the arm rests all the way up (with screws). Its an "OK" lap belt fit on her, ok enough for me to not completely freak out that is lol. Will lowering the arm rests create a better belt fit?? My thinking is no, its just for comfort but I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask . . . I can't test this out myself right now as I don't have access to a vehicle :rolleyes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64508114@N07/?saved=1

That is a pic of her current belt fit.

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That fit looks pretty good to me-- flat on her thighs.

If you want to move the armrests down, they will hold it a little tighter and lower, probably. But really, I don't know what the problem is, based on that shot?

Jocey'sMommy

when I sit her in at 1st its usually flat on her thighs but she is soo skinny that it sometimes rides up on the ride :( its not much (still below the top of her hips if I feel) but no longer "flat" on her thighs

Qarin

Is she sliding down the seat so her knees bend more fully over the front? Can you give her some sort of footrest, so she's maybe less likely to do that?

Jocey'sMommy

Is she sliding down the seat so her knees bend more fully over the front? Can you give her some sort of footrest, so she's maybe less likely to do that?

I think that has something to do with it, its a really really close call if you can see in the pic, she actually has long legs and they "ALMOST" bend right at the end of the seat. Having a footrest on hand can be iffy since this seat is only used in emergency situations (like her NA is in my BFs truck and I wasn't planning on going anywhere but something came up and I needed to run to the store asap lol) I have always had two of the same seat and this is KILLING me because I have never had to plan around 1 seat before and I rarely ever take a seat out when we get out of the car ya know? I can't wait until I start my new job and can buy a frontier . . . ahhhhh

Jocey'sMommy

OK I so went ahead and lowered the arm rests (which BTW those screws were hard to get out with my little battery screwdriver :p ) I of course haven't put it in a car yet but just eyeballing it is looks like there will be a big difference on how high it can ride up . . . I didn't realized the difference was that much, I had originally put it in the highest slot because I figured with the screws I wouldn't have to ever deal with them again.

mimieliza

Yeah, I put mine on the lowest setting and they keep the belt really low on my skinny 4.5 year old. We use it as an "emergency" seat as well.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I think someone has talked about using some string and a pool noodle for a footrest. It could just stay with the seat then. You might want to search footrest.

Jocey'sMommy

I got some pics of Jocelynn using the turbo with arm rests all the way down . . . there is a significant difference . . . . tell me what you think!!
263925_10150240788347449_711957448_7383592_8217409_n.jpg

267565_10150240799172449_711957448_7383674_6542585_n.jpg

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep, looks like she's less likely to slump out of position with the belt held low like that. :) (Headrest needs to come up, though, I assume that pic was just for lapbelt fit purposes. :) )

Jocey'sMommy

when she sits normally (like in the first pic) the red things are above her shoulders, in the second pic she was stretching ;) I noticed it too but another click up and the shoulder belt is not in the right place

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The fit doesn't look right in the first pic to me, that's what I was basing it on.

Can you take a frontal pic?

Jocey'sMommy

I can tomorrow, she went with her grandparents last min this afternoon . . . the manual states that the shoulder belt positioner needs to be even with the shoulder correct?? the shoulder belt itself falls perfectly center between her neck and shoulder . . . that is the way it is supposed to be???

to ensure the correct head support height is obtained,the bottom of the headrest MUST be even with the top of child's shoulders as shown in 4 . . . .

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC