New Recaro seats...link to the brochure

ADS

southpawboston

nice find!

so this sounds like the definitive answer to the question of how wide these new beasts really are going to be. basically the new como/signo will be 20" wide:

and at the end of the brochure, there is a comment about "coming soon" for the new picco infant seat and the "alto", a premium high-back booster. no details, other than "alto" = tall. hmm...

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
20" Wide! :eek:
I've already pre-ordered my Signo, so I guess I'll just have to make room for it! :p Seeing the brochure with all the pictures makes me so anxious to get it!

threerugratz

Yes, the little teasers for those of us obsessing over the Alto already. The Vivo isn't "calling" to me the way I expected. I already have a Monarch and think I prefer the constant sip it has. I don't like the space between the head and side wings when the Vivo/Vivo Lite headrest is raised.
I hope they hurry up and get going on the Alto (and Picco for those who want it). My kids aren't getting any younger or smaller and I want to buy another booster!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
20" WIDE!! - that's no where near the promised 16"... looks like the Radian (at 17") is still the only 3 across contender (without some seat puzzling).;)

I'm still waiting for one to come out to a board member so we can really and truly see what they're like.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Fingers crossed that it is wide but 'meshes' well with other seats....

No mention of RF tethering, huh?

I want to see an Alto, too!!!!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
They said that it will RF tether to 35 lbs, so I'm still really really hoping it will. That is a definite selling point for me!

I agree--without a RF tether I think I would rather get a triumph Advance for half the price and readily available in stores!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Wow, the back height is 28" - wonder if that is interior height - that would make the shell itself 2.5" taller than the MA - which means the slots really could be 2" heigher than the MA, right?

2.5" more shell height and 2" higher slots - how heavy do you think that't get most kids? Some kids might actually be able to make it to 60 or 70lbs if some kids make it to 55 in the MA. :thumbsup:

Kellyr2

So how wide IS a MA? 19? Hmm. I just don't think I want a wider seat to cope with. Other than another Regent maybe.
OH, I'd love to see what they've got planned for the Alto. Probably better that they haven't said yet. I need to just decide on something and buy it.

mommyto4

Me too. Part of me says, "Just get a Monarch already". But, the other part of me want to wait on the Vivo and/or Alto so I can see what they have to offer.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Great find!!!!!!

I hope it does have a RF tether... I didn't see that mentioned in the brochure. Was I just missing it/overlooking it?

Even if it doesn't have a RF tether, I like the Signo. I would, of course, prefer a RF tether! :)

MsFacetious

Hmmmm well it's still skinnier than the Regent....

I'm going to wait and see it in person...and take a whole bunch of pictures before I decide if it's worth it or not...

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
ACK! so...still no info about the LOWEST slot height?

I guess since these seats are clearly already made, maybe a call would produce an answer? I REALLY want to know if this seat will actrually fit newborn. (Given my history, a chunky, big 9 pound 21 inch newborn, but still....)

momof2kiddos

I can not wait to get another car!!I am SOOO getting two of these bad boys,lol.

This is going to be a great seat to reccomend after a infant seat,it will be the only convertible they need before a booster...

southpawboston

not yet. como (cheaper version) will be out june-july, with signo (more expensive version) to follow in july-august. you can pre-order them from some authorized dealers. i pre-ordered mine from mbeans.com.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC