Think I should grab this Regent?

elle7715

My heart is all afflutter because I found this listing on CL:

"Was asking $200....now at an unbelievable price of $180. Paid $280

This was manufactured in Feb 2007
Bought in March
Only used for one month
Nothing has been washed (cover, straps, etc)
Never been in an accident
Like pulling it out of the box new (in flawless condition)
Comes with recline bar and manual. "

I'm a sucker for anything I think is a good deal, so I don't trust myself right now. Money is tight but we do currently have the funds. Is this a good deal? I would use it in my mom's car to replace the Cosco combo seat DD is in now. When she gets too big to RF I'd move it into our car as her main seat. I knew you guys would understand...what should I do? I suppose I could always offer less.

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
The only real question is can you trust that this person is telling the truth about not being in a crash?

Yes it's a good deal, and one I would snatch up from a trusted source if I had the money.

momof2kiddos

The only real question is can you trust that this person is telling the truth about not being in a crash?

Yes it's a good deal, and one I would snatch up from a trusted source if I had the money.

:yeahthat: If you don't know this person and can't trust them I personally would rather spend the extra $100 to *know* my childs seat is a safe seat.:whistle:

elle7715

I'm still debating on it. Thanks for all your input! I'm thinking it might be worth the extra hundred to get a brand new seat delivered to my door when I actually need it (and in the Madison print :whistle: ) I ran a search and they've listed it 6 times since May 9th. They started out asking $245 for it, then $200, then $180. The story goes they bought two but didn't end up needing one of them. It looks brand new from the pictures...hmmm. I'd also have to drive at least 30 minutes to get it. That's still a lot of money for a spare seat. I might offer $150 cash and see if they'll go for it. They sound pretty knowledgable (at least they bought a Regent) but it'd be a big disappointment to drive out there and find out that they're shady!

fastdogs

dreamtime baby and baby universe are "sister" companies. I found this out when I ordered the regent through baby universe, got notification that it was out of stock until 9/07. I then cancelled the order, and ordered through dreamtime baby, which had it for 249.00, free shipping. Better price, and still can get the $50 rebate. At the time I ordered, it was to be in stock 6/15. Shortly after I ordered, it was out of stock til 9/07.
That's where I'm at now. Just hoping it comes in stock before then, I can't beat the price, but may need it before then if he has a growth spurt. I just can't put him in a madison. If I knew someone local who'd trade me a new cover in any other pattern, I could probably change my order to a madison, but as it is now, I'm just waiting. Plus, I think the madison was the usual price of 269.00
vickie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC