Pictures: Ride Safer Travel Vest

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Cell phone doesn't have flash for when she was sleeping :rolleyes: Lap belt was just on her hip bones & I'd feel better with a booster like the Compas B510 or Parkway that brings it to her thighs, but it's a 1997 Civic HX 2 door & we needed to fit the Prospect/Cubb for a 9 year old (the lap/shoulder belt doesn't fit me correctly in this vehicle: hoping to get clear shots of that tomorrow) + a pregnant mama in the back :whistle:
RSTVfull.jpg
RSTVlap.jpg

RSTVtether.jpg
RSTVanchor.jpg

Those are the top tether & anchor (we installed it ourselves, so easy)

ADS

scatterbunny

Great pics. :) She looks sooo sleepy.

And I may just be too tired and reading the post wrong, but are you pregnant? Or were you just transporting someone who was pregnant?

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Hehehe, oops -- no, not me ;) Moise's sister ... 42 years old nontheless (she goes for genetic counseling this week)

LuvBug

aw! cutie patootie!

and cool Ive never seen in action pics of the lapbelt with tether... very interesting.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think the lapbelt is plenty low...it's got all the energy absorbing material behind it to spread the forces evenly, so it's more important to have the lapbelt low when there's no other structure with the restraint...does that make sense?

Looks like fits well, and of course she's super cute, as always :)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yeah, I wasn't really worried -- I knew she'd be safe (perhaps safer in this I think than a typical carseat because of the way they install in this vehicle with slightly more than 1" movement) I'm just comfortable with the lap belt a tad lower :rolleyes: She actually was really comfy the whole trip ... 4+ hour long drives: her knees bend at the vehicle seat cushion edge & actually rest on the floor even when her back is flat against the seatback! I imagine that in a different vehicle the trip would not have been as comfortable for her, though? She is on the tightest setting around her chest & has quite a bit of growing room height wise :)

Last edited:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Got the sleeping pix!

We did need to remove the optional "head rest" (soft foam with velcro) because it pushed her head forward -- I just slipped a thin silk scarf over the metal tether hooks to keep her hair from snagging & she was fine....
RSTVsleepy1.jpg

RSTVsleepy2.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC