My newest 3-across, along with some new radian changes.

love-pink

My rn came today and I thought Id take pics of my new 3 across :love: I also noticed some new changes. The dom is 3/11 :love:

SAM_0009.jpg

SAM_0012.jpg

SAM_0011.jpg

New buckle :D Big improvement, easier to unlatch but not easy enough for my little one ;) I didnt take an up close picture but my rn has the new head wings and the newest super latch with the retainer clip.

SAM_0007.jpg

I noticed the pink on the cover is not the light dusty pink anymore, now its more or a rich pink thats a smudge bighter so it blends well with the print portion of the cover. The 2nd picture with dd in it is our rn that we had last spring. I like them both equally but the newer color does seem to flow better with the rest of the cover colors.

SAM_0008.jpg

user8658_pic970_1271346743.jpg

I also tried the ra55 in that spot both rfing and ffing. It fit both ways but with it ffing it was easier to buckle the boosters on each side. I dont know why I didnt take a pic of the ra55 rfing :rolleyes: They both left enough room to make buckling the boosters easy and my 5 and 6 year olds had no problem buckling themselves at all.

SAM_0005.jpg

Here is the difference in buckling space for the outboard boosters.
With the ra55:
SAM_0006.jpg

With the rn:
SAM_0010.jpg

ADS

Holly

I noticed the buckle is different on my new seat too. When did that change? My newest radian prior to the one I just got was from Summer of 2009 just before they came out with superlatch, and that seat doesn't have the newer buckle.
My straps seem different too, they feel different. Softer kind of, and the "weave" looks looser. I think I prefer the harnesses on my other two seats to the new one, but the new one isn't horrible.
ETS, maybe looser isn't the right word for the new harness weave, maybe bigger?

love-pink

Im not sure when the change was made I just noticed right away how much smoother it was to unbuckle it. Now that you say something about the actual harness it may be a tid thinner because it was easier to adjust and tighten when installed which shocked me :D. I personally am loving the changes! :love::love: I was looking over the infant inserts and there is no longer 2 fabric tails to tie into the harness slots so it must just lay in there now.

Jessica61624

cookie123 said:
Have you noticed any change to the harness adjuster? Like it's smooth and easy now?

I just got my first radian and I was expecting the harness adjuster to be harder. Its not like what Ive seen described on here.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have RNs 11/10 mfg date, they have the newer buckle but still the tug-tug adjuster. I also didn't see a retainer clip on the LATCH strap, go figure.

love-pink

Yes it does seem alot smoother to adjust. Not like Britax smooth but way smoother than my rn's in the past have been. I dont have to ratchet mine over and over. Its a very welcomed change. :love:

luckymommy0219

I had an xtsl dom 4/10 and received my new radian 80sl this past week dom 11/10. I did notice on my new rn that the weave on the harness seemed different, bigger or something like you said. It did seem easier to adjust the harness but I thought maybe it was because the new seat is RF and my older seat has always been FF. I didn't even notice the buckle but I will have to check that out! Also my older seat has the red SL strap and the newer one is black but I didn't notice if it was different other than that.

Holly

My SL strap is black, and it does not have the little "new and improved" piece on it. I'm not planning to ever use LATCH with this seat, even if I could get it to work (which I don't know, I haven't tried) I wouldn't trust it.
When we finally go van shopping I'm going to have to post here asking what vans are compatible with seat belt installs.

love-pink

I have no problems with SuperLATCH in my vehicle. I do not have latch in the center spot where I have it installed right now so its installed via seat belt. In the future if I use outboard spots or put it in another vehicle I have no problems using it with latch as long as it installs well and does not loosen like some people are having problems with in some vehicles. I feel its 100% a compatibility issue.

Just like every car seat on the market, some fit and install well and some do not. I also check to make sure my seats are installed snugly EVERY single time I put my children in them. It takes 10 extra seconds but I have 4 kids getting in and out and bumping and unbuckling things each time so it puts my mind at ease. :twocents:

Stelvis

It absolutely is a compatibility issue, just an extremely difficult to notice and fairly widespread one, which is why it's so problematic.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC