Wow!

scoutingbear

A is going to cub scout day camp in a few weeks. It is at a lake and most of the time, they are up and away from the water. A couple days of camp will involve kayak lessons though. Today there was a parent meeting and a request for parents to come and help drive the kids down to the lower lake where the lessons will be held (about a 2 mile drive). One of the moms said that she was going to send her child's booster seat because he was not yet 4'9" and she was very concerned and urged the camp director to send a e-mail to parents about booster seats. :) Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen because we are a 6 or 60 state. I did sign up to drive and there will be a booster in every seating position. ;) Heck, I don't even 5 step in my backseat...oh wait. That isn't saying much.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Maybe you should have spoken up and said that CA requires proper use of the seatbelt, and most kids don't fit until 10-12. :whistle:

scoutingbear

Maybe you should have spoken up and said that CA requires proper use of the seatbelt, and most kids don't fit until 10-12. :whistle:

Thing is, I don't think many of the parents even HAVE booster seats for their kids. :rolleyes: I will make sure I GIVE A the RSTV for his kayak day just in case it isn't on one of the days that I am driving. And, on private lake roads, no one is going to care and the scout insurance only cares that the scouts are wearing a seatbelt. :rolleyes:

christineka

Cool! I chose to drove my ds to and from scout camp because I could just envision a van full of boys making fun of my ds, the only one in a booster, aside from the fact that ds is highly unlikely to sit properly in a van full of kids. (I saw them there- 8 passenger vans filled with 7 kids and 1 adult.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC